Cash & Airports

As an afterthought I'm personally not interested in their bond notes or any other currency they print[emoji56]
 
I think you have it backwards keep a few big bills in the wallet and stuff the hell out of the front pouch with the small bills :-)!

And..... if you wear them backwards it will look like you crapped yourself.... then nobody will mess you. lol
 
looks like reading up some online anything over 10k can potentially be an issue at airport. Can you put cash in your locked gun case? Maybe some in there and rest keep on you? Let me know what you all do for your safais?
RBurg44
There is no way that you could even considering traveling with so much cash. There are alternative options, such as making arrangements with your credit card company, foreign travel cards, SWIFT transfers, etc, etc. Discuss the options with your Outfitter which will guide you.
Enjoy the excitement and the planning process, which forms a huge FUN part of your safari.
Namibian greetings from Africa.
Ansie
 
When I was in RSA for my hunting trip, the owner stated that the PH and cook was tipped in Dollars and the rest of the staff in Rand. I took their tip money and the other tip money (bribes) in Dollars with me. I obtained the Rand from the ATM. The hunt and animals was paid by bank wire. The daily rate before I left and the animals in camp over Wi-Fi.
 
I'd suggest that you discuss some or all of the alternatives mentioned above with your outfitter. Most of them accept credit cards. I took enough cash to cover RSA's VAT, and tips plus a little for emergencies and souvenirs. I split the cash and put part of it in my carry -on and the rest in my pants pocket. Duluth Firehose pants come with a "hidden" pocket that is perfect for carrying your extra cash.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,376
Messages
1,574,502
Members
170,051
Latest member
1winbizpk
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
 
Top