Caprivi strip elephant

Mountaineer

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Hunting reports
Africa
Has anyone hunted elephant in the Caprivi Strip in November? I know it is a migration route. Just wondering if that’s a good time. Thanks.

It is possible. I looked into hunting elephant in the caprivi for next year. But change of plan because of several reasons. It will be probably be buffalo in South Africa next year.

Back on the subject. It will be hot. Trophy season will end the last day of November in Namibia. Is it possible yes. Are there better months to hunt also yes.

I think you will have no problem to get a decent elephant. Will you be hunting non-exportable or a big trophy elephant?

Non-exportable.
Was my plan too. I think you'll be fine. I will be in Namibia in November for a week. Will be a culling trip. Can let you know definitively afterwards how hot ;) . But it will be close to Windhoek so apples and oranges.

It really depends on the specific concession in the Caprivi. The two concessions I hunted there have primarily movement through them in April. When I hunted those concessions end of October there were no elephant.

I was there last year in October. Saw over 150 elephant the first two days. shot mine on the second morning. The 4th day it began to get hot, 42c. I was glad to be finished and left a few days early. If you are prepared for heat, it is tolerable. Hunted with Ndumo. Good luck if you can go!

I just came back from a Non Exportable Elephant hunt there. For me the water was very low and the flood plains dry
Not sure which area of the strip or outfitter you are going with but it may be helpful to be more specific. I hunted next to Bwabwata National Park (and several others close by)
Lots of elephant but you are waiting for them to come through your area which I’m sure is the case for you.
You will likely be trying to find either a lone bull track or bachelor group tracks.
Yes it will be hot. They did tell me this is a very good time of year so you will see Elephant. You will likely have some opportunity at other animals if you wish. For example, my son got a “drought relief” hippo tag. I took a Red Lechwe. There are areas you can go to shoot say Chapman Zebra etc. I took this bull on Day 5
IMG_6509.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_6473.jpeg
    IMG_6473.jpeg
    4.6 MB · Views: 48
  • IMG_1364.jpeg
    IMG_1364.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 45
  • IMG_1356.jpeg
    IMG_1356.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 37
  • IMG_1333.jpeg
    IMG_1333.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 39
  • IMG_1336.jpeg
    IMG_1336.jpeg
    3.7 MB · Views: 39
Nice ivories!! Did you get replicas made??

Nice ivories!! Did you get replicas made??
No… I’ve got some real ones and to be honest the camera makes them look bigger. This Elephant was probably 20 years old or so with very thin ivory. Probably like 15-20 pounds
It was a fun hunt and he mock charged us to about 10-15 yards away

At the moment there are many offers for hunting non-trophy and problem elephants in Caprivi. I have already received two offers within a few days. You have also to hunt in November.

IMG_1656.jpg

48lbs and 44 lbs. 39 years old on last molar. One shot side brain right side exited left ear. .416 Ruger 22 yds. 400 grain solid (not recovered)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FloridaManActual

Latest profile posts

3 Wake Ups and South Africa Bound!
SETH RINGER wrote on Altitude sickness's profile.
I'LL TAKE THE BOOKS IF THEY ARE NOT SOLD. NO ?? ASKED
Hififile324 wrote on Charliehorse's profile.
Hi Charles, thanks for your interest in the .375 Ammo, Components and dies. Feel free to call or text [redacted]. Email [redacted]
Kudu2025 wrote on stk's profile.
I will take that Sako .375 if it is still available