Cape Town Attractions

Hilarion Bibicoff

Reaction score
Member of
SCI, Ducks unlimited, Ruffed Grouse Society, NRA
Hunted
Michigan, Wyoming, Missouri, Texas, Newfoundland, British Columbia
Booked with Crusaders for May of 2026, plains game hunt in SA. Wife is coming with me and will likely want to hit cape town for a night or two while we're there. Any "must see" or must do things in Cape Town? Restaurants, tours, sights, bars. Literally anything. Just bored and thinking about the trip.

Thanks.

Definitely stay on, or very close to, the V&A Waterfront. A beautiful area with a myriad of great restaurants and shopping within a short walk.
The cable car up to Table Mountain is a must-do. And we really enjoy a day trip down to the Cape of Good Hope, viewing penguins along the way.
We love Cape Town, have spent a week there twice with my wife.

The Weston hotel on the Waterfront is absolutely wonderful.. excellent service quite literally on par with what Ive experienced at Ritz Carlton and other top shelf hotels...

I recommend the hop on - hop off tour.. they have buses that will take you to all of the touristy type places around the city.. its affordable.. and the open top double decker buses are comfortable.. its an easy way to see everything from table mountain to the Bo-Kapp district to the beaches in the city to nice restaurant and shopping districts.. etc..

Its worth renting a car and self driving down to the cape of good hope, boulders beach, and all the different things along the way..

If you dont have a fear of heights, I also strongly recommend para gliding... We flew from the top of signal hill down to one of the beaches (cant remember the name).. was a fun and affordable experience..

Cape Town is a wonderful city (and I generally HATE doing city type vacations).. great food, wonderful scenery, pleasant people, etc..

As already mentioned, the V&A waterfront and table mountain. If you like wine, go to stellenbosch. Some really beautiful wineries, great wine and brandy there. I would have liked to spend a few days there, but only had a little over half a day to spare. Still a very memorable experience for me.

Lots to do! My wife and I are not wine drinkers, but this is wine drinkers paradise.

Read James Michener's book, The Covenant. It is like a thousand pages, but you have time. lol. Get through the first 100 or so pages as he always starts his books with how the dirt was made and the hills formed millennia ago. It is a great read of fictional characters woven with historical personages. It gives an amazing history of the whole of South Africa. My wife and I both read it right before we spent a week in Cape Town and driving around the Western Cape. I reread almost every time I go back to Africa.
The history you will learn about Cape Town may help you decide what you would like to see. The history out near Crusaders area is also very much alive in this book. The story of the Slagtersnek hangings by the British is unbelievable and was just south and east of East Sommerset where the taxidermist is for Crusaders I believe.
At any rate you will wish you had more time in Cape Town for sure. It is an amazing area with plenty to see and do. Enjoy....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VinceRaq97

Latest profile posts

T/C wrote on Dewald's profile.
Hi Dewald,
I am looking for a copy of Wright's "Shooting the British Double Rifle" (3E).
Please PM me (T/C) if you still have one.
Thank you very much in advance!!!
I am game for a meat and eat. My attempt at humor.
rigby 416 wrote on rifletuner's profile.
Come from cz like that.
John A Flaws wrote on Horbs's profile.
500 schuler magazine.jpg
500 schuler bore.jpg
500 and 425 rifles.jpg
500 and 425 magaizne.jpg