Cape buffalo Archery Setup

My PH had 8 of 9 buff killed with one arrow in '22, including mine. All spot & stalk, no blind bullshit.

Many of the follow up rifle shots are due to trigger happy PHs. One of the most prolific buff bow hunters actually taught my PH a lot- such as do not be trigger happy & shoot with a low (one ventricle) heart bow shot as it will take 30 min to die. And as long as you get good penetration on one lung it will also die.

Mine went 30 yards and bellowed in about a minute with a bow. The one I shot with a 375 went 100 yards and needed a second shot. The one with my 500 just dropped in the spot.

The biggest gripe PHs have is the fundamental lack of basic anatomy many American hunters exhibit, not only with bows but rifles. And poorly tuned bows.

Nice set up. 80# is stout, I shoot 75# with 930 gr arrows.

GLWS

ps ele is a lot of luck with a bow as even a 1200 gr arrow won't go through a rib. And the lack of a pleural space means no lung collapse and may result in an agonizing long death.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Haroldaoxipt

Latest profile posts

idjeffp wrote on Jon R15's profile.
Hi Jon,
I saw your post for the .500 NE cases. Are these all brass or are they nickel plated? Hard for me to tell... sorry.
Thanks,
Jeff [redacted]
Boise, ID
[redacted]
African Scenic Safaris is a Sustainable Tour Operator based in Moshi, Tanzania. Established in 2009 as a family business, the company is owned and operated entirely by locals who share the same passion for showing people the amazing country of Tanzania and providing a fantastic personalized service.
FDP wrote on dailordasailor's profile.
1200 for the 375 barrel and accessories?