Cape Buffalo Age

Stubbleduck

AH senior member
Joined
Jan 28, 2023
Messages
68
Reaction score
117
Media
6
Best guess as to the age of the buffalo in the photo?
1714611980041.jpeg
 
I was also thinking 8-9 yrs old. Still fairly pointy tips on horns. Still has the majority of its hair. Face not showing any white on it. I’ve only killed 2 buffalo so I’m not a pro.
Bruce
 
7-8
 
This buffalo is not very old, but you should look at the dentition. The trophy alone does not give a statement about age.
 
Regardless of his age, he is a fine trophy and he put a smile on the hunter's face.......FWB
 
The coat is in good shape. No grey in the muzzle. 7-8 years old ?
Need to look at the teeth really. But hell the man had fun !
 
Congrats on a great looking Buff and with a Bow even better!!
Below is what folks are talking about when they speak of a white face and thinning coat

IMG_0813.jpeg
 
Not and old buffalo.
Still on the upswing.
Between 6-8 for sure.
 
HE IS GOING TO LOOK GOOD ON THE WALL. CONGRATS

BUFF 7
BOWHUNTER 52
 
Age of the Buffalo and the hunter ......... ?? Nah, can't be bothered with the debate.
But, Cape Buffalo hunting............... that never gets old (y):D
 
There is a really interesting article in Africa Hunting Gazette’s April Monthly email (although a bit on the negative side). It’s called “What makes a trophy buffalo.” The article criticizes the idea that a buffalo needs to be 15 and states most taken are around 8 years old. I think the second part of that is true, maybe 8-10 is normal. It’s seems like most buffalo get aged a few years older than they are, especially if they have any broken horns. On a farm, a 15 year old buffalo isn’t more valuable than a 8-10 year old bull. In a free range area, between hunting quota, lions, and poachers many bulls won’t make it to extreme old age and can be tough to find in a normal 10 day hunt except in top areas.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,317
Messages
1,572,720
Members
169,606
Latest member
KarenRohr1
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top