• Exos 1-8

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • Z8 1-8

Votes: 6 75.0%

• Total voters

pc3

AH member
Reaction score
In the next three/four months I need to buy a scope for my cz .416. Its down to these two, price, is pretty well the same...the SB is a little dearer.

I know the swaro is slightly better in the field of view department, and slightly lighter, some have said the SB is more durable.

I wont get to look at either

I have numerous Z6Is. Had one z8i and don’t even think I shot the rifle before a buddy snagged the combo from me. I have several Exos and love them. EE mode is true 1x. Exos is my go to on most of my quality rifles, but admittedly I did not give the Z8i a chance.

In the next three/four months I need to buy a scope for my cz .416. Its down to these two, price, is pretty well the same...the SB is a little dearer.

I know the swaro is slightly better in the field of view department, and slightly lighter, some have said the SB is more durable.

I wont get to look at either

Neither are a bad choice at all. Top choices in fact.

If it was a really big gun, I'd say 1-6 is fine. On the other hand, you have a 416 that is known to be an accurate and relatively flat shooting caliber where having that 8x will open distant plains game opportunities.

Neither 8x option give you great eye relief, but you can get by with standard eye relief in a 416. If you can find a vintage Swaro 1-6x24mm EE illuminated anywhere, that will get you another 1" of eye relief which is awesome, but you're going to pay $1000 more than the new options and its a hard to find used scope no longer made.

The swaro is lighter, the S&B is stronger. I prefer swaro, but I've owned both brands. I've never complained about quality, light gathering, or customer service from either firm. I think Swaro is more likely to have replacement parts in the USA in the event you need it serviced simply because they have a larger US-based service organization than S&B.

IMG_4872.jpeg
IMG_4873.jpeg

I run both the Exos 1-8 (plains game, 300gr TSX-loads) and the Z6i 1-6EE (DG, 450gr Woodleigh). Love both of them on my CZ 550 in 416 Rigby. The S&B for that extra magnification and bombproofness and the Swarro for the extra eye relief when shooting the “heavy recoiling” load under stress.

Regarding the Z8, I tested their new Z8i + but I don’t like the chunky eye piece nor the new tube diameter

I just want to point out the polling results above. Nobody argues that the Schmidt & Bender is the more durable optic, yet the majority prefers Swarovski on this forum.

Why? There is more to life than durability, just like there is more to rifles than accuracy. The Swaro is a better engineered "civilian" optic, the S&B has a lot of milspec heritage. Too much milspec and your ferrari starts to take on the properties of a hummer.

Regarding the Z8, I tested their new Z8i + but I don’t like the chunky eye piece nor the new tube diameter

Would you elaborate on the “new tube” diameter? It is my understanding that both Z6 and Z8 have 30 mm tubes.

Would you elaborate on the “new tube” diameter? It is my understanding that both Z6 and Z8 have 30 mm tubes.
The new Z8i+, available in 0.75-6 and 1-8, is being pushed as ”the new thing” here in Sweden… it has a 34mm tube and a enormous eye piece

I just want to point out the polling results above. Nobody argues that the Schmidt & Bender is the more durable optic, yet the majority prefers Swarovski on this forum.

Why? There is more to life than durability, just like there is more to rifles than accuracy. The Swaro is a better engineered "civilian" optic, the S&B has a lot of milspec heritage. Too much milspec and your ferrari starts to take on the properties of a hummer.
I agree that the Swaros like the Z6i, especially the EE-version, was a great homage to hunting… the new Z8i+ is more ”milspec” or ”black rifle” than hunting IMO

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChauChambe

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

idjeffp wrote on Jon R15's profile.
Hi Jon,
I saw your post for the .500 NE cases. Are these all brass or are they nickel plated? Hard for me to tell... sorry.
Thanks,
Jeff [redacted]
Boise, ID
[redacted]
African Scenic Safaris is a Sustainable Tour Operator based in Moshi, Tanzania. Established in 2009 as a family business, the company is owned and operated entirely by locals who share the same passion for showing people the amazing country of Tanzania and providing a fantastic personalized service.
FDP wrote on dailordasailor's profile.
1200 for the 375 barrel and accessories?