Reaction score
Website
onlygunsandmoney.com
Articles
Member of
NRA, SAF, SCI, DSC
Hunted
South Africa
I have an Enfield 1917 in .308 Norma Magnum. I am also looking at a .300 H&H Mag up for auction. Which would be the better candidate for reboring to .375 H&H?

Or would it be better to leave both as they are and just buy a rifle already in .375 H&H?

I should note I'm in the process of building a 9.3x62 that has already been rebored from a .30-06. (New stock, new bottom metal, new trigger)

I have an Enfield 1917 in .308 Norma Magnum. I am also looking at a .300 H&H Mag up for auction. Which would be the better candidate for reboring to .375 H&H?

Or would it be better to leave both as they are and just buy a rifle already in .375 H&H?

I should note I'm in the process of building a 9.3x62 that has already been rebored from a .30-06. (New stock, new bottom metal, new trigger)
Who do you have in mind for said reboring work?

IfI remember correctly, the book "Big Bore Rifles and Cartridges" has an article detailing conversion of a M1917 to a magnum cartridge. Might be worthwhile to see what's involved. I remember hand built enlarged mag box and a fair amount of rail work in that article.

As little as I care for Amazon, they show book available.

IfI remember correctly, the book "Big Bore Rifles and Cartridges" has an article detailing conversion of a M1917 to a magnum cartridge. Might be worthwhile to see what's involved. I remember hand built enlarged mag box and a fair amount of rail work in that article.

As little as I care for Amazon, they show book available.
"Big Bore Rifles and Cartridges"
Ch 51, p299, 450 Ackley Magnum is the 1917 conversion to DG rifle.

When you can buy an already-sorted Winchester Safari Express in 375 H&H brand new for about $1,600 (or perhaps a used Whitworth Express for even less), the juice probably isn't worth the squeeze to try and re-engineer that Enfield 1917. Plus as an owner of a 308 Norma Magnum, I would consider it pure sacrilege to alter the Lord's favorite 30-cal magnum. ;-)

When you can buy an already-sorted Winchester Safari Express in 375 H&H brand new for about $1,600 (or perhaps a used Whitworth Express for even less), the juice probably isn't worth the squeeze to try and re-engineer that Enfield 1917. Plus as an owner of a 308 Norma Magnum, I would consider it pure sacrilege to alter the Lord's favorite 30-cal magnum. ;-)

I understand what you are saying about having to reengineer the 1917. Would it be as hard with a Mauser in .300 H&H?

I understand what you are saying about having to reengineer the 1917. Would it be as hard with a Mauser in .300 H&H?
I don't really know much about 300 H&H, so i couldn't say, but I'd probably still lean towards just buying a 375 outright.

Lots of already built 375s out there. Save yourself a head ache and pick one that suits you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
djshfsdf

Latest profile posts

DEAR SIR/MADAM,
DO YOU NEED FINANCE?
ARE YOU LOOKING FOR FINANCE?
ARE YOU LOOKING FOR FINANCE TO ENLARGE YOUR BUSINESS?
WE HELP INDIVIDUALS AND COMPANIES TO OBTAIN FINANCE FOR BUSINESS
EXPANDING AND TO SETUP A NEW BUSINESS RANGING ANY AMOUNT. GET FINANCE AT AFFORDABLE INTEREST RATE OF 3% contact us Pacific landing Whatsapp +91, Seven, Three, 0, Three, Three, Eight, Two, Six, Three, One
NYAMAZANA SAFARIS wrote on majorsafari's profile.
Trail cam image is of a cat we never took .. it’s not a great image but I can assure you it’s a very big cat . Other photo is of my client with his cat this year .
thokau wrote on Just a dude in BC's profile.
Hallo, ein Freund von mir lebt auf einer Farm in den Rocky Mountains.
Leider kam es dort in den letzten Wochen zu Bränden.
Hoffe es geht dir gut!?