CANADA: Moose X 2017

BC,Pat, nice looking moose hope my hunt is as sucessful as yours, we are heading to Fort Nelson, BC late September. Its kind of a long drive from Michigan, about 2600 miles, did I mention, I'm not looking foreward to that part of the trip. My buddy won the hunt at a SCI auction, the outfitter said you can bring a friend for the same price, called me and I blurted out hell yea I'm in, without thinking about the traveling part. Good thing I'm retired, bad thing is I'm leaving on my wifes 60th birthday, and will be gone on my 60th birthday 3 days later.
 
Fort Nelson
Hi Tay,
You'll be hunting in a good area. I just read the stratified random block (SRB) aerial survey was conducted in Wildlife Management Unit (WMU) 7-32, southwest of Fort St. John, British Columbia. (google)
Moose numbers look healthy, which is surprising with the wolf population being as high as it is. I wish you the best of luck, and look forward to your post hunt report.
Good hunting
Pat
 
Thanks BC Pat, we will have moose, black bear, elk, and wolf tags in our pocket, my goal is moose and wolf, then we can work on the others.
Kurt
 
BC,Pat, nice looking moose hope my hunt is as sucessful as yours, we are heading to Fort Nelson, BC late September. Its kind of a long drive from Michigan, about 2600 miles, did I mention, I'm not looking foreward to that part of the trip. My buddy won the hunt at a SCI auction, the outfitter said you can bring a friend for the same price, called me and I blurted out hell yea I'm in, without thinking about the traveling part. Good thing I'm retired, bad thing is I'm leaving on my wifes 60th birthday, and will be gone on my 60th birthday 3 days later.

tay 50, you know what makes a great sixtieth birthday present ... a moose! Best of luck next month!
 
Thanks Adgunner. hope the hunting gods are on my side.
 
Kurt
my goal is moose and wolf
. That should be very doable, wolves are tough customers tricky. Ive taken a couple normal at distance 250++ they will not let you get close to them. If a wolf lifts his head to check the wind, you haven't got long before hes heading to the next time zone, get on him ! Again good luck.
Pat
 
Hi All since there is some interest. It dropped to about -12C the next day.
View attachment 207492
There were three of us, one first time moose hunter, he fired the first shot with a 308; then a 375 to make sure he did wander off in the bush too far. We credit the New Hunter with the Moose.
View attachment 207493
Great shot. Looks like wild country.
 
Wow.............your fotos are eye candy..............thanks for the post........well done.........................FWB
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,426
Messages
1,575,907
Members
170,468
Latest member
RooseveltD
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Hornedfrogbbq wrote on Rhoyland4's profile.
Do you mind me asking what auction you are referencing? I'm not in the market for any of those rifles...just curious.

Frosty in Fort Worth
K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
 
Top