Don Hinton

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Member of
SCI
Hunted
Cape buffalo plains game
Have an upcoming trip to Saskatchdean in November. Are there any airlines I should avoid carry my hunting rifle? How is gun check in Canada? What hotel do you recommend in Saskatoon?
thank you
don

I have always flown on Delta. Never had any issues getting my rifle up there and back. Canadian customs has a firearms declaration form that you need to get and fill out, just don’t sign it until you are with the customs officer. This will serve as your permit while in Canada. There is a fee you have to pay as well. Can’t remember if it is $25 or $50, Canadian.

I’ve never hunted out of Saskatoon so I can not help with hotel recommendations. Some great deer up in that part of the world.

Have an upcoming trip to Saskatchdean in November. Are there any airlines I should avoid carry my hunting rifle? How is gun check in Canada? What hotel do you recommend in Saskatoon?
thank you
don
I flew Air Canada and no issues. Toronto Pearson Airport is absolutely horrible. Avoid it at all costs. Traveling in Russia was easier.

Agreed with @Rem280, stay away from the Toronto airport at all costs. I flew there one time and that was all it took, never again.

You will probably have to go through Toronto. It will be your 1st Port in Canada so you will have to clear Customs with your luggage anyway. Have your 4457 form and your Canadaian firearms permit filled out but not signed. Take 3 copies. Good news is there are good flights from TO to Saskatoon. Decent Hotels close to the Airport. Welcome to God's Country!

You will probably have to go through Toronto. It will be your 1st Port in Canada so you will have to clear Customs with your luggage anyway. Have your 4457 form and your Canadaian firearms permit filled out but not signed. Take 3 copies. Good news is there are good flights from TO to Saskatoon. Decent Hotels close to the Airport. Welcome to God's Country!
Why would he have to go through Toronto? There are many other options with him flying to western Canada.

I believe he is flying from South Carolina. Easiest way is Toronto to Saskatoon. Or he could go Toronto to Calgary to Saskatoon? I am not a travel agent but if you would like to help him, help yourself.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wyattcm95

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

booker wrote on Wesley's profile.
Christensen MPP 308 w/o brace
CZ 1012 12 ga
Tokarev TBP 12ga Bull Pup
Stoeger M3000 12ga
Springfield Prodogy 9mm
booker wrote on Wesley's profile.
Hello Wesley, on your M70 .416 do you only want cash or are you interested in trades?
gunslinger1971 wrote on Gray Fox's profile.
Do you still have the Browning 1895 and do you want to sell it? I'm might be interested. If so please let me know and do you have any pictures?

Steve in Missouri
[redacted]
Redfishga1 wrote on gearguywb's profile.
I would be interested in the ruger if the other guy is not.
Bartbux wrote on franzfmdavis's profile.
Btw…this was Kuche….had a great time.
Sorry to see your troubles on pricing.

Happy to call you and talk about experience…I’m also a Minnesota guy.