Deals & offers
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Europe
Hunted
England, Scotland, Wales, Poland, South Africa, Spain, Germany, USA (Wyoming) and Hungary.
I have a Heym SR20 which when I bought it did not have any studs for attaching rifle sling swivels to. I cannot find the part and I contacted Heym in Germany and they don’t make them anymore. Perhaps someone stateside is able to source them and I will pay for them and postage? Images attached of where the studs should be but have metal covers which screw off.

IMG_4432.jpeg
IMG_4433.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Update: turns out they are Pachmayr Flush Mount Sling Swivel but are not made anymore... I dont suppose anyone has some spare I can buy?

Cannot post a pic. Not sure how to get them to you

Last edited:
I have a Heym SR20 which when I bought it did not have any studs for attaching rifle sling swivels to. I cannot find the part and I contacted Heym in Germany and they don’t make them anymore. Perhaps someone stateside is able to source them and I will pay for them and postage? Images attached of where the studs should be but have metal covers which screw off.

The "metal covers which screw off" are the studs for the sling swivels. So don't lose them or throw them away. The actual sling swivel(s) have a T-shaped end which inserts into the slot on the stud while pushing against a spring (located inside the stud, under the metal which you can see inside the slot). Once the "T" clears, the swivel is then turned 90 degrees (in either direction). Repeat for the other swivel. They look like this:

swivels.jpg

As you noted, they were made by Pachmayr and are very difficult to find. I would suggest watching eBay or similar auction sites, as they do turn up occasionally. I was able to source mine from Brownell's. But that was ten years ago, so not much help to you now.

Oh, and just to make things just a bit more difficult, Pachmayr actually made these in two sizes; the "T" on the earlier ones were of slightly smaller diameter than those manufactured later. The thinner version swivel can be used with the later studs (if with somewhat of a sloppy fit) but the thicker swivel will not fit the slot of the earlier (thinner version) stud. In my case, I ended up buying both the swivels and matching studs; because the original studs were the narrower version and would not accommodate the thicker swivels.

Attachments

• ASG Swivel Millet - Steyr Scout | Super5ives.pdf
    375.3 KB · Views: 42
I have a set I think will work. PM me please.
Thank you very much for the offer. I think I have sourced some which should work but if they dont I will reach out. Very kind - cheers!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Albertha68

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

the best gear
  • Accurate Powders
  • Alliant Powder
  • Hodgdon Powder
  • RAMSHOT
  • Winchester Powders
  • Winchester
  • CCI
  • Federal
  • Remington
  • .458 Caliber
  • 10MM
  • 270 Caliber
  • 7MM
  • 8MM
  • 9MM
Redfishga1 wrote on gearguywb's profile.
I would be interested in the ruger if the other guy is not.
Bartbux wrote on franzfmdavis's profile.
Btw…this was Kuche….had a great time.
Sorry to see your troubles on pricing.

Happy to call you and talk about experience…I’m also a Minnesota guy.