Can I shoot 2 Elephant in Zimbabwe?

wildwilderness

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunted
USA, Canada, Mexico, Australia, South Africa, Greenland, Cameroon, Zimbabwe, Argentina
Does Zimbabwe have an annual limit on How many Elephants one can hunt?

If the second one is a “non-trophy” Tuskless does that matter?

I may end up on 2 different trips…. Probably a good problem :)

You can shoot as many elephants as your checkbook and licensing allows. You want a deal for 10?

That said, I believe it’s USFWS has a 2 per year import policy but check with conservation force.

Ok on the Zim side. $15,000 all inclusive X 2.

Lon

Out of curiosity I asked my PH this question. The only concern would be a hunter using up the PH’s quota on too short of a hunt.

For example If you book a 7 day tuskless hunt for $1000 per day plus $5000 trophy fee. Then want to shoot a second at the same $5000 trophy fee.

He just gave you half of his annual quota for that concession.

Believe it our not, Their margins are thin. A well equipped and staffed camp has a high overhead.

So he would much rather let another hunter have that quota. Gaining another 7, 10, 14 days of daily rates.

So his answer was, on a short hunt. Fewer day like 7-10 the trophy fee was approximately 50% higher To offset the lost daily rate.

If booked for 14 , 18, 21 days you could shoot two tuskless for $5000. He is making enough on daily rates to use two of his 4 quota.

Out of curiosity I asked my PH this question. The only concern would be a hunter using up the PH’s quota on too short of a hunt.

For example If you book a 7 day tuskless hunt for $1000 per day plus $5000 trophy fee. Then want to shoot a second at the same $5000 trophy fee.

He just gave you half of his annual quota for that concession.

Believe it our not, Their margins are thin. A well equipped and staffed camp has a high overhead.

So he would much rather let another hunter have that quota. Gaining another 7, 10, 14 days of daily rates.

So his answer was, on a short hunt. Fewer day like 7-10 the trophy fee was approximately 50% higher To offset the lost daily rate.

If booked for 14 , 18, 21 days you could shoot two tuskless for $5000. He is making enough on daily rates to use two of his 4 quota.
I've done 2 tuskless on short hunts, 7 days, and have been given the option of hunting buffalo or tuskless again at an increased trophy fee as quota allowed.

But no where near 50%. Additional $1500 over standard fee last time.

Short answer is yes. Do they have the quota and is it good for them? That answer varies a lot. CMS does a lot of multiple ele hunts but they have a lot of quota. It's getting harder to do multiple tuskless at low rates but there are operators that can sell you multiple bulls and be successful at that. If your checkbook is big enough it can be done and they would invite you back every year.

As for our company It would be all inclusive 10 day hunt $15,000.00.
Then another all inclusive $15,000.00. Total cost $30,000.00

Lon

Lon, in your case are you quoting back to back days (20) or running them at the same time? That's a good offer. I ask because I've seen it quoted both ways.

Does Zimbabwe have an annual limit on How many Elephants one can hunt?

If the second one is a “non-trophy” Tuskless does that matter?

I may end up on 2 different trips…. Probably a good problem :)
I have shot 3 in one trip in the past. No limit as long as you get a permit from Parks. It was a hella deal, $6K for first one, $3K each additional on a 10 day hunt. This was Camp Fire towards the end of the season with a lot of quota left over. Locals bussed over for the meat.

Last edited:
Lon, in your case are you quoting back to back days (20) or running them at the same time? That's a good offer. I ask because I've seen it quoted both ways.
These would be back to back. I can see a company selling left over quota at the trophy fee rate, but we never end up with left over quota.

We have to make a living.
Lon

I have shot 3 in one trip in the past. No limit as long as you get a permit from Parks. It was a hella deal, $6K for first one, $3K each additional on a 10 day hunt. This was Camp Fire towards the end of the season with a lot of quota left over. Locals bussed over for the meat.

Yea there were some smoking deals in the past. Mike Jines took something like 7 PAC on 1 trip.

I’m not as experienced as most on here. But obviously time of season is a factor.

Also, If people are standing in line for a slot and quota is spoken for years in advance. Versus a company that has open dates, quota and, or cancellations

That’s a good deal. What was the first cow trophy fee
$6K.

So first trophy fee on tuskless $6k and a buffalo or tuskless for
$ 7.5K as an add on.

Cheap for a trophy fee? No; but normally a 10 day hunt 2 DG hunt at $1100/day…..so by doing 7 days instead of 10 its already $3300 under “normal” cost.

Other hunter in camp was on a standard 10 day hunt and took 2 buffalo and also chased a 3rd for same fee.

Ok that math adds up to the same as my outfit. Since the first cow where I hunted was $5k not $6k

Either way both of our hunts are a lot of experience for the cost :giggle:

........and local villagers would be very happy if you shoot 2.

Could you give me an outfitter that is offering 2 elephant ( one bull & one tuskless) in a 14 day hunt? I have looked at a couple and the cost is in excess of 40k...I do not get that ..any ideas!
Thx u
Geo

I don't think CMS will meet that budget goal. Maybe Dalton & York would offer a special? Maybe someone here? This is a good place to ask as between the members here, we know all of the operators. It would probably have to happen in Zim.

You can shoot all you can afford. Work with your outfitter or outfitters.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RossAlcala

Latest profile posts

the best gear
  • Accurate Powders
  • Alliant Powder
  • Hodgdon Powder
  • RAMSHOT
  • Winchester Powders
  • Winchester
  • CCI
  • Federal
  • Remington
  • .458 Caliber
  • 10MM
  • 270 Caliber
  • 7MM
  • 8MM
  • 9MM
Redfishga1 wrote on gearguywb's profile.
I would be interested in the ruger if the other guy is not.
Bartbux wrote on franzfmdavis's profile.
Btw…this was Kuche….had a great time.
Sorry to see your troubles on pricing.

Happy to call you and talk about experience…I’m also a Minnesota guy.