Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SCI, DSC, NRA
Hunted
South Africa, Namibia, Botswana, Tanzania, Zambia
Leaving today for Cameroon to hunt Bongo and Forest Buffalo. I will be hunting with Northern Operations Africa.
After 2 years I must say that I don’t think I realized how much I missed Africa!
I’m not sure what my internet situation will be in camp but will post from there as the situation permits.

46949728_Unknown.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Once you have hunted the forests of Cameroon you realize hunting is not a pastime but a way of life. Good luck and have a great adventure.

Have a great hunt and please document it well...

Safe travels and great hunt!!!

Awesome! Have a great trip, look forward to the report!

Good luck! Be prepared to sweat from every pore and get rained on at times. Don’t worry about staying dry and just embrace it. You’re not going to get hypothermia anyway! I’m sure you will get your animals with persistence.

Good luck, safe travels and shoot straight. Will be watching for your report.

I’ve hunted with Northern Operations. Dave runs a great company, so I have no doubt you will have a wonderful time. Bongo are one of the great prizes of Africa - moments to savour!

Good luck!

Wish you the best of luck !

Have a great hunt. Truly an experience of a lifetime.

Good shooting! Looking fwd to your report!

Good Luck and Good Hunting! I’ve been to the rainforest twice and can’t wait to relive those moments through your report.

Let me give a quick update to the trip to Cameroon. After 27 hours of travel I landed in Douala, Cameroon at 8:30 PM proceeded to have to take a rapid COVID-19 nasal exam. That would’ve been fine except the form was in French and illegible. After figuring out how to fill that form out took my exam and proceeded to claim my luggage. 90 minutes of security - police station , everyone getting involved that probably didn’t need to, i.e. the normal Africa experience, I got permission to enter the country. Off to the Star Land Hotel for a plane flight tomorrow. Weather is your typical 90 degrees with 90% humidity. Can’t wait to get into the jungle and chase after the Bongo. More to follow...

Good luck and enjoy it.

Let me give a quick update to the trip to Cameroon. After 27 hours of travel I landed in Douala, Cameroon at 8:30 PM proceeded to have to take a rapid COVID-19 nasal exam. That would’ve been fine except the form was in French and illegible. After figuring out how to fill that form out took my exam and proceeded to claim my luggage. 90 minutes of security - police station , everyone getting involved that probably didn’t need to, i.e. the normal Africa experience, I got permission to enter the country. Off to the Star Land Hotel for a plane flight tomorrow. Weather is your typical 90 degrees with 90% humidity. Can’t wait to get into the jungle and chase after the Bongo. More to follow...
Enjoy - I have spent weeks in the Star Land and months in Cameroon - sadly all work related with no opportunities for hunting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowell8499

Latest profile posts

T/C wrote on Dewald's profile.
Hi Dewald,
I am looking for a copy of Wright's "Shooting the British Double Rifle" (3E).
Please PM me (T/C) if you still have one.
Thank you very much in advance!!!
I am game for a meat and eat. My attempt at humor.
rigby 416 wrote on rifletuner's profile.
Come from cz like that.
John A Flaws wrote on Horbs's profile.
500 schuler magazine.jpg
500 schuler bore.jpg
500 and 425 rifles.jpg
500 and 425 magaizne.jpg