Bushbuck thoughts

I'll admit they weren't the tops on my list when I went to the East Cape. But they remind me of whitetail, Here and then gone. My first day hunting my PH set his watch to them. We'd see the ewes about now....Bam, one pops out of the nothing, then another, then more. We'll see some young rams soon. Sure enough. Then later we might see some sneaky old one. And we did, for a moment. The next day I saw a young ram sneak past at maybe 20 yards, there and gone, shortly before my PH found a fine old ram sunning itself that I was able to get. A week or so later I watched another big old ram walk across the road after a ewe and fawn and into the forest in Natures Valley along the coast. He was breath taking. Amazing.

Elusive little devils. I put them on a par with kudu or maybe a notch or two higher. Now you see 'em, now you don't and you better be quick. They don't linger. I like chasing springbok but I think bushbuck are more fun and challenging.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asrsportsmedicine

Latest profile posts

buckstix wrote on magnum308's profile.
yes ..please send me a copy ... buckstix@aol.com
NYAMAZANA SAFARIS wrote on majorsafari's profile.
Trail cam image is of a cat we never took .. it’s not a great image but I can assure you it’s a very big cat . Other photo is of my client with his cat this year .

IMG_3426.jpeg
IMG_2910.jpeg
thokau wrote on Just a dude in BC's profile.
Hallo, ein Freund von mir lebt auf einer Farm in den Rocky Mountains.
Leider kam es dort in den letzten Wochen zu Bränden.
Hoffe es geht dir gut!?