Bushbuck Pictures

IMG-20230719-WA0020.jpg

Thanks Mnr . How do i get in contact with you looking for some species to tick off the bucket list
Free to Whatsapp me. My number is in my signature.

Harvested a beautiful rowland bushbuck. Harvested late afternoon with the sun setting very quickly. If you look at the picture closely you will see I was not alone.

Yikes, did you know what was behind you? Those eyes look big. :ROFLMAO:

I was just searching bushbuck on the computer, and this ad in MA craigs list came across. He actually says this was taken by a customer of his while in Africa.. I didn't know if I should post this new world class bushbuck photo here or on the Joke thread..

From Ad:
Unique - Rare - Being sold way under the value . . . **Price is FIRM**
Amazing product of the African bush - similar antelopes are common in South Africa, but this species (Tragelaphus sylvaticus) is far less common. Mounts of this animal are not often found in North America.
Perfect addition to any hunter's den or man cave - anyone can have a deer buck or even a moose head, but how many of your friends have a Full BUSHBUCK in the cave?

DESCRIPTION:
• Identified by photo comparisons . . . Body spots, facial and chest pattern, etc. It was collected by a customer of mine while on game hunt in Africa more than a decade ago - and mounted there before being imported to the USA.
• Species: Tragelaphus sylvaticus has been recently separated from the western antelope bushbucks - see scientific literature for the disputed placement within taxonomic evolution family trees. Somewhat similar species: Eland / Kewel / Imbabala

• MEASURES:
About 80 cm (31") at the shoulder.
About 60" Tall overall including the horns.
About 41" long overall Nose to Tail (note the base is a couple of inches longer.)
Ears: 13" from tip to tip
Weight: 20 - 25 pounds

bushbuck.jpg

Zim (Zambezi Escarpment), RSA (Umkomass 15.75), RSA ( Fort Beaufort), Tanz (Selous),RSA ( Gramstown),Moz (Niassa)

Attachments

• IMG_3933.jpeg
    IMG_3933.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 12
  • IMG_0089.jpeg
    IMG_0089.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 11
  • IMG_1474.jpeg
    IMG_1474.jpeg
    4.2 MB · Views: 12
  • IMG_9707.jpeg
    IMG_9707.jpeg
    4.6 MB · Views: 13
  • IMG_9865.jpeg
    IMG_9865.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 13
  • IMG_3685.jpeg
    IMG_3685.jpeg
    3.7 MB · Views: 12
Resized_20220528_085818(1).jpeg

Chobe Bushbuck
Zimbabwe 2022
Matetsie River

My One and only Bushbuck from 2024, failed in 2022 & 2019 to find one.

Attachments

• IMG_5363.jpeg
    IMG_5363.jpeg
    772.1 KB · Views: 10
@Trophyhunter01 , great ram! Where did you get him and who were you hunting with?
Hunted with Lalamanzi, Limpopo on the river. Abri the owner has some alfalfa fields those sneaky jokers like to frequent in the dark hours. The fields are fenced in an attempt to keep the animals out and from eating it down but the warthogs, bushbuck, steenbok still work under the edge. They area sponsor on this site.

bushbuck 2.jpg
siwe.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lefty Outdoor

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Ryanelson wrote on Flipper Dude's profile.
I wanted to know if you minded answering a dew questions on 45-70 in africa
Ryanelson wrote on Sturgeondrjb's profile.
I wanted to know if you minded answering a dew questions on 45-70 in africa
HerbJohnson wrote on Triathlete3's profile.
If you have an email, I would love to be able to chat with you about J.P.H. Prohunt. My email address is [redacted]. Thanks.
Another Wildebees cull shot this morning!