Burris Fastfire 3

ANW0407

Reaction score
For you guys that are using the Burris fastfire 3 how is the durability of that sight?

I had one on a 40 S&W that I packed around for a few years on handgun hunting trips and it held its zero with zero problems.

I took it off when I went another direction and sold it to a member on the form here.

I used on a .44 mag revolver. Never had an issue with it. Went to a sight with a larger dot. It now sits on a .22 rifle.

I have one on a 500/416 double. Burris has a great warranty for it, mine broke, user error and they replaced for free. Holds zero and I am happy with it.

I have used Fastfires on multiple shot guns for both heavy 3 inch turkey loads and slugs for deer. I would guess 50-100 shots plus on all no issues. In a recent post I had I am leaning to a sealed red dot only to keep debris and water from the laser emitter. I have no issues and they are great for deer turkey etc but not sure the unsealed sights are best for DG though many on this board use and love RMR, Fastfire etc. In ending I love red dots on game under 100 yards. I have two Swarovski Zi which are impressive and I love but the situational awareness is slightly different than a true red dot.

Had one on a Marlin guide gun in 45-70 for two seasons. No problems, transferred it over to a 629 44 mag been on there for a couple of years. Don’t shoot the 44 more then a thousand rounds a year but also no issues.

I have used a Fastfire on a .375H&h, .458 Win Mag and a .470NE - many hundreds of rounds in total. Absolutely no problems whatsoever. They are a great sight, in my opinion

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BladeFangsPaulina

Latest profile posts

African Scenic Safaris is a Sustainable Tour Operator based in Moshi, Tanzania. Established in 2009 as a family business, the company is owned and operated entirely by locals who share the same passion for showing people the amazing country of Tanzania and providing a fantastic personalized service.
FDP wrote on dailordasailor's profile.
1200 for the 375 barrel and accessories?
Trogon wrote on Mac Baren's profile.
@Mac Baren, I live central to city of Cincinnati. I have work travel early this week but could hopefully meet later this week (with no schedule changes). What area of town are you working/staying in?
Kind regards
Ron
Read more at the link about our 40000 acre free range kudu area we will also be posting a deal on the deals page soon!
Our predator control is going very well