Buffalo Species

Thank you Mr. Ahrenberg for sharing your experience. That sounds like quite the trip. I don't know if you have posted pictures of them on here yet but I know for one I'd love to see them. I'm kind of getting it sorted now, I've tried to find what information I can online about all of these animals and think that I can finally tell the general difference between the western savanna and the central savanna varieties. The eastern savanna still eludes me but I'm guessing it more closely resembles the Nile buffalo than it would any of the others. I believe when a couple of us can agree that we have a solid list I'll post pictures and description of a standard looking animal next to each listing so that anyone is curious will have an idea what they are looking for.

Mr. Ahrenberg was my father. I'm Steve. I will go take a picture in my trophy room this weekend and post it up.
 
Here are the two buffalo from CAR. The left one is as mature as the right one, just different. Its not a full "Forest Dwarf" but all agreed its a crossbreed. It was smaller in body and very red in color. The phone picture is terrible and its hard to tell just how red it is.
IMG_3133.JPG
 
The only one I can think of not already mentioned is the Wild Tibetan Yak.
Scientific name: Bos mutus
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,426
Messages
1,575,790
Members
170,390
Latest member
DYOHenriet
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Hornedfrogbbq wrote on Rhoyland4's profile.
Do you mind me asking what auction you are referencing? I'm not in the market for any of those rifles...just curious.

Frosty in Fort Worth
K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
 
Top