Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NRA, NA Hunt Club
Hunted
Tanzania, Botswana, Zimbabwe (2), Namibia (2), South Africa (2)
Here is near perfect condition 71 rifle with 24" barrel, Williams peep sight, various brass and bullets, plus LEE dies. I just havent been shooting this like I planned, too many other guns in the rotation.
I dont want to clutter up the place with all the photos, so email for more and I can send to you or post as needed. Brass is a mix of low firings, some once, twice and a few new, all Winchester.
Bullets are Hornady 200 grs, and Barnes in mostly 250 gr and a box of 220 gr. Not counting them all but its quite few bullets.
Original box, no papers, no mods to the rifle other than adding the peep sight and it came to me that way IIRC.
Will need to go to an FFL of course, US sales only, sorry Bob, LOL
I dont do electronic payments of any kind, so best payment is a USPS money order or bank check, personal check is fine if I know the buyer. Ask any questions via PM, BUT to be clear the first to POST HERE, an 'I will take it', buys it, regardless any conversations going on.
So if serious post an I'll take it and follow up with a PM to make arrangements.
Probably have to ship the components separately, but shipping is included in the sale price. Not looking for any trades, but it doesnt hurt to ask, I will entertain trade offers.
Shipped price with all stuff is $1800. Lot of value in the components. I will park it here for a time, and if no interest it will be off to GB.
IMG_3603.JPG

IMG_3607.JPG

IMG_3614.JPG

IMG_3618.JPG

IMG_3621.JPG

IMG_3624.JPG

Here is near perfect condition 71 rifle with 24" barrel, Williams peep sight, various brass and bullets, plus LEE dies. I just havent been shooting this like I planned, too many other guns in the rotation.
I dont want to clutter up the place with all the photos, so email for more and I can send to you or post as needed. Brass is a mix of low firings, some once, twice and a few new, all Winchester.
Bullets are Hornady 200 grs, and Barnes in mostly 250 gr and a box of 220 gr. Not counting them all but its quite few bullets.
Original box, no papers, no mods to the rifle other than adding the peep sight and it came to me that way IIRC.
Will need to go to an FFL of course, US sales only, sorry Bob, LOL
I dont do electronic payments of any kind, so best payment is a USPS money order or bank check, personal check is fine if I know the buyer. Ask any questions via PM, BUT to be clear the first to POST HERE, an 'I will take it', buys it, regardless any conversations going on.
So if serious post an I'll take it and follow up with a PM to make arrangements.
Probably have to ship the components separately, but shipping is included in the sale price. Not looking for any trades, but it doesnt hurt to ask, I will entertain trade offers.
Shipped price with all stuff is $1800. Lot of value in the components. I will park it here for a time, and if no interest it will be off to GB.
View attachment 543314
View attachment 543315
View attachment 543316
View attachment 543317
View attachment 543318
View attachment 543319
@sestoppelman
Looks like I may have to move to the states but I will need to import my Bundy rum and Vegemite so I could survive.
Bob

Damn nice rifle Scott!

That seems to be a good deal! Got any loaded ammo Scott?

I love my old Winchester Mod.71 vintage 1936. Back in the day this caliber (348) had quite a following among the larger game hunters i.e. bear, moose etc. Sad to say I've only hunted White Tails with mine. Lever gun lovers should jump in this.

That seems to be a good deal! Got any loaded ammo Scott?

Are you looking for ammo, Bob? I ran across some in a shop here in PA last year. I passed the info along to a friend in WI thinking he might want it but he had plenty. No idea if it's still there but might be worth a call if you're in need. Happy to pass along the shop's name/number.

20220614_102242.jpg

Are you looking for ammo, Bob? I ran across some in a shop here in PA last year. I passed the info along to a friend in WI thinking he might want it but he had plenty. No idea if it's still there but might be worth a call if you're in need. Happy to pass along the shop's name/number.

View attachment 543658
Yes! I have two local shops i need to check at but if not, I'll PM you. Thanks!

View attachment 543658
That is a very good price. Probably sold out.
Krish

Yes! I have two local shops i need to check at but if not, I'll PM you. Thanks!

You're welcome. Just let me know if you need the contact info.

That is a very good price. Probably sold out.
Krish

You're right, it may very well be gone, Krish. Worth a call, IMO.

The shop is sort of out in the middle of nowhere and, with the local clientele, oddball stuff like that .348 ammo just sits there. That's how I ended up with four boxes of Norma 9.3x62 from the shop at a very good price. If it isn't Remington corelokt 30-06 and Savage plastic rifles, the locals don't buy it. It's an hour's drive for me but I make the effort to go a few times a year because he often has some interesting items. If I thought there was no chance, I would not have mentioned it, though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JeramyHead

Latest profile posts

Ryanelson wrote on Flipper Dude's profile.
I wanted to know if you minded answering a dew questions on 45-70 in africa
Ryanelson wrote on Sturgeondrjb's profile.
I wanted to know if you minded answering a dew questions on 45-70 in africa
HerbJohnson wrote on Triathlete3's profile.
If you have an email, I would love to be able to chat with you about J.P.H. Prohunt. My email address is [redacted]. Thanks.
Another Wildebees cull shot this morning!