Browning A-Bolt Hunter II .375 H&H - Questions

Oh, I now have A-Bolt II Stainless Stalker (LH) in 7mm Mag, 338Win Mag, 375H&H, and a custom 458Lott. Smooth and accurate.

I have a left handed A Bolt in 7mmRem Mag and 375 H and H. Both have nearly equal trigger pull and bolt throw so they cycle very similarly. Both shoot more accurately than I can shoot them. Being left handed limits our choices. These have been good to me!
Looking back, My timing was so right for this gun. Two days from talking about buying a LH 375, I found the A Bolt II on GB. I'm glad to read others have had luck with this model.
The biggest beef I have with certain manufacturers... "We don't sell many left hand guns in those calibers, so we don't make them." How the hell can anyone buy something they don't make!
I once contacted a major gun maker asking -- will you ever offer model ______ in a LH version or make a LH hand model with similar options and accuracy? Answer: You can always order one from our custom gun shop. read as RH $800ish -- left hand to get same performance $3k plus
I won't buy anything from that manufacturer anymore

Last edited:
Kevin Robertson has, and shoots, a Browning A Bolt in .375. He loans it to clients, apparently. This from his book, "The Perfect Shot".

I have really tried to make my 375 stainless stalker fail to feed but it works perfectly. It feeds upside down, sidways, muzzel straight up, straight down.
Stock was a bit short for me, fixed with a pice of black plastic.
No beauty but a reliable working gun.

I am a Browning rifle guy, have daughters and son in law's, all deer and elk hunt, I have filled my safe with different A bolts and X bolts and medallions different calibers, but the point behind that was that anyone could go up or down the caliber need, and the gun and feel was familiar. Safeties too.

I recently finished a Cape Buff hunt with the bow, (a thrill for sure) but felt now I wanted to try with a gun. Ordered an X bolt medallion 375 H&H, has the iron sites. Just keep the same standard of guns in the safe. I got a bit nervous about controlled round feed and etc. But allegiant to Browning for now.

Recently took to the range for the first time, out of the box, iron sights only, factory A frame 300 grains. at 25 yds, pretty spot on, 1" high, off sticks. went to 100 yds, off stick (i no longer shoot off a bench, tired of getting my arse kicked) and 8" gong at 100, "boing" over and over. So it gives me confidence to start.

Will be mounting a Vortex Viper PST Gen 2 1x 6 with illuminated red dot BDC and Warne QR mounts.

And I am just starting reloading, so I will be likely staying factory ammo, 300 grain worked, will stay the course.

I am fascinated by the depth of knowledge and detail some of you have

Resurrecting this thread... I bought a LH A-Bolt 375 H&H and was planning on using it for buffalo in a couple of years.
I'm reading (on multiple sites) this is not a DG rifle. Could someone explain? Did I make a bad choice?
I really hope you haven’t made a bad choice. Because if you have there’s two of us in the same boat ! I bought a LH A-Bolt in 375 for exactly the same reason.
After it’s first trip abroad I had it Ceracoated Coyote Brown as I’m sure that shiny barrel gave the game away once or twice.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xoso66reisen

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I am game for a meat and eat. My attempt at humor.
rigby 416 wrote on rifletuner's profile.
Come from cz like that.
John A Flaws wrote on Horbs's profile.
500 schuler magazine.jpg
500 schuler bore.jpg
500 and 425 rifles.jpg
500 and 425 magaizne.jpg
cwpayton wrote on Goat416's profile.
Goat416 welcome to the forum ,youve got some great pics and Im sure trophy's
ghay wrote on professor's profile.
Hello,
Would you consider selling just the Barnes 235's and 250g TTSX's?