Broad Head for plains game

Archer36, I do not disagree, the more efficient the bow the more momentum it imparts, but I believe the point that Dr. Ashby is making is that when the perfect shot go south (e.g. hitting a bone), the whole game changes. A bit like getting over-gunned, just in case, the knives fight turns into a gun fight.
 
Archer36, I do not disagree, the more efficient the bow the more momentum it imparts, but I believe the point that Dr. Ashby is making is that when the perfect shot go south (e.g. hitting a bone), the whole game changes. A bit like getting over-gunned, just in case, the knives fight turns into a gun fight.
No broadhead can make up for a bad shot. Especially a small diameter two bladed one.
 
What it means, small diameter? Something like this?

alaskan-200-375.jpg
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I wouldn't know, I use mostly Grizzly and they are all within 1.13" and 1.19" width, including the 315 grains.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,276
Messages
1,571,464
Members
169,360
Latest member
ManuelHood
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top