BRNO 12GA and 7X65r combination

Pictures of the gun I sold (Brno):
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Oh my goodness with Leuopold glass to boot, did you throw that scope in as well? That is sweet enough to make ya cry !

The Leopold as well as 20rounds Blaser ammo was included.
We do strange things when the double rifle fever begin to get you.
Here where I live only 6 guns (including shotguns and .22) are allowed per person/hunter. Therefore system rifles (multibarrels) are getting common. And when the double rifle you've been looking for a long time shows up...

Its wild how common they are over in Europe, and how relatively scarce they are in the US. I know if I saw one like that here for the price you got for it over there, I would dive on it. Explaining it to the wife would be tough, but worth it.

I wanted to share a friend's recent BRNO acquisition because I just think it is awesome.View attachment 148840 He believes it is from the 60's. The Zeiss scope was made in East Germany. He sent me an email so I don't know much else about it. I am sure I will learn more this fall (y) However, I think it's inaugural hunt will be turkey this spring. Very cool rifle.

I had a CZ Model 584 in 12 gauge over 7x65R. I made an ill-advised trade (I seldom make sensible ones) and no longer own it. I regret making that trade and have been looking to replace it for some time. I used it for stalking wild pigs in California with Norma 156 gr Oryx ammo with a light bird load (7 1/2 shot) in case I flushed a quail.

I have one of these fine BRNO Super double guns. However my gun does not have a scope on it. I would like to purchase one of the proprietary scope mounts for it, but I don't have a clue as to where I can buy one. Slugs were great for windage but exactly 8" low at 100 yards. I have never seen or heard about anyone else that owns an identical or similar gun. I thought I owned something that is very unique at least in the U.S .

I wanted to share a friend's recent BRNO acquisition because I just think it is awesome.View attachment 148840 He believes it is from the 60's. The Zeiss scope was made in East Germany. He sent me an email so I don't know much else about it. I am sure I will learn more this fall (y) However, I think it's inaugural hunt will be turkey this spring. Very cool rifle.
My BRNO Combo was patterned for Turkeys and was really tight at 45 paces. I am now working on the sighting in the rifle.

Interesting looking guns!

Pheroze, I just noticed that you are from Ontario. I had a good friend that lived in Sudbury Ontario named Verner Teide. He owned two of these BRNOs. One was scoped, and one had Iron Sights. I bought the Iron Sighted version. As I recall Verner had two or three sets of barrels in different configurations for the scoped gun. I had never seen a BRNO Super prior to the day Verner showed them to me. I thought they were very rare this side of the pond.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
QSGAli3189

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

NYAMAZANA SAFARIS wrote on majorsafari's profile.
Trail cam image is of a cat we never took .. it’s not a great image but I can assure you it’s a very big cat . Other photo is of my client with his cat this year .

IMG_3426.jpeg
IMG_2910.jpeg
thokau wrote on Just a dude in BC's profile.
Hallo, ein Freund von mir lebt auf einer Farm in den Rocky Mountains.
Leider kam es dort in den letzten Wochen zu Bränden.
Hoffe es geht dir gut!?