Bringing Reloading Components to Africa

I regard this issue much the same as the firearms permits that I had to get for Australia, Canada, SAPS & Zimbabwe.... Regulation for the sake of having regulation and in turn creating jobs for people to check those regulations.

Honestly, if you are going to have trouble, it's most likely due to an inexperienced person not knowing the regulations they are enforcing OR a person experienced in their job and looking to exploit the situation for a bribe.

I would print off two copies of the verbiage provided above by @sgt_zim & highlight (3) and have one copy with your travel documents, then pack your items either in a small box or ziplock bag with the 2nd copy of the verbiage inside.

It's been my experience that when confronted by an overzealous customs agent, you can get them to stand down fairly easy with good manners and documentation.
I can certainly understand visitors who show up with a bunch of reloading components being required to pay duty on the stuff. Just like if I showed up with a fancy coffee maker in my luggage. Obviously items that will be left behind can be subject to local taxes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pgsharpp

Latest profile posts

akriet wrote on Tom Leoni's profile.
Hello Tom: I saw your post about having 11 Iphisi's for sale. I have been thinking about one. I am also located in Virginia. Do you have photos of the availables to share? My email is [redacted]

Thanks and regards,

Andy
Natural Bridge, Virginia
TAG SAFARI wrote on mvalden's profile.
Wishing you a Happy Birthday!