Briley 20 gauge tubes Invector plus/Invector DS

light476

Reaction score
Hello, I have a Browning 725 High Rib Sporting 12 gauge and recently purchased a set of new Briley 20 gauge tubes from a guy for $150 that he had won at a shoot but they are 32" and he has 30". I got them out today and noticed they said Invector Plus on the tubes. My 725 is Invector DS. So I've decided to research a bit before heading out to shoot. They fit good and tight but I'm wondering if there's maybe something that I can't see that might be a safety issue. I'm going to call Briley tomorrow to see what they say about it, but figured I'd see if anyone had any thoughts about it. I'd hate to screw up a $3500 shotgun over something stupid. Just want to make sure this is safe even though everything seems to work correctly.

What has barrel length got to do with choke tubes? Inventor Plus should work in any length barrel tapped for them..

I have Invector Plus on my Citori. They are recessed. I'm thinking DS are extended? The only advantage/difference with extended chokes is they are easier to change. No wrench needed. Grip and twist out with fingers.

Edit: No! The DS stands for double seal. This is Browning's newest "improvement" on their Invector choke series. According to Browning, you should NOT use DS chokes in anything but newest shotguns stamped Invector DS.

Wish Browning would just rename their chokes every time they "improve" them. Very confusing. Very annoying. Hey, they pulled the same stunt reinventing the A5. A totally different shotgun but same name as classic. Dumb!

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
goa_call_girl_service_9319373153

Latest profile posts

1000009202.jpg
1000009102.jpg
1000008936.jpg
1000008850.jpg
1000008747.jpg
It's been a great Safari here in Zambia with Mbizi Safaris so far!! Heading out to the Kafue Flats tomorrow for Lechwe
3 Wake Ups and South Africa Bound!
SETH RINGER wrote on Altitude sickness's profile.
I'LL TAKE THE BOOKS IF THEY ARE NOT SOLD. NO ?? ASKED