Bow Hunting Zimbabwe

We just received another message from Lou. He just arrived in the US for the shows. I do not know if George is there are not.

If anyone is interested you would be able to see one of the Hallimores at the shows.

I think someone got some bad info.

Lon
 
I received a message from Lou Hallimore he is a.long time well known Zimbabwe PH
He stated to me that the hunt took place about 10yrs ago

Lon
Good deal. Cool father son PH lineage the HallAmore’s seem to have.

I knew it had to be a bit older when they said they were in the Omay with H.H.K Safaris’s.

Thanks for insight Lon
 
Well, I’m happy for Tom Miranda but honestly a little furstrated about his 2023 Zimbabwe Elephant bow hunt. I’m not upset with him one you but with Zimbabwe Parks.

My outfitter and PH during 2022 and 2023 tried on multiple occasions to obtain an elephant bow permit. They went into the Zimbabwe main office and spoke to multiple staff in charge of issuing permits and each time were given the same answer. “We don’t issue bow permits for elephants for any reason.” I even spoke with other outfitters hoping they had a different contact. I was given the same answer they don’t issue bow permits. I even reached out to the Zimbabwe PH guide association with the same results. So, to hear that Zimbabwe Parks decide to issue a bow permit after telling us no so many times is very frustrating. My one hope is now the Parks can’t say they don’t issue bow permits!!!!!!

Achieved via the “African Handshake”
 
ok thanks

I’m hoping an outfitter might know the current status as well
 
Can you bow hunt lion in zimbabwe?

The fee for the bow permit is high and it’s special. They haven’t authorized some DG hunts with bow for several years. Others may have details if you’re serious about doing this at any price.
 
Yes you have to buy an archery permit which is $1500. Some dangerous game you can hunt with a bow like a leopard for example but not an elephant. I should say they will not issue archery permit for an elephant. I thought i heard on hear a couple years back that they do issues for lion but not sure
 
Well, I’m happy for Tom Miranda but honestly a little furstrated about his 2023 Zimbabwe Elephant bow hunt. I’m not upset with him one you but with Zimbabwe Parks.

My outfitter and PH during 2022 and 2023 tried on multiple occasions to obtain an elephant bow permit. They went into the Zimbabwe main office and spoke to multiple staff in charge of issuing permits and each time were given the same answer. “We don’t issue bow permits for elephants for any reason.” I even spoke with other outfitters hoping they had a different contact. I was given the same answer they don’t issue bow permits. I even reached out to the Zimbabwe PH guide association with the same results. So, to hear that Zimbabwe Parks decide to issue a bow permit after telling us no so many times is very frustrating. My one hope is now the Parks can’t say they don’t issue bow permits!!!!!!
It will be possible toget licence x hunting elephant out of gvt.land.Campfire no problem ...It was like that until 2015
 
Sorry...not allowed in gvt land.
 
So...a modern compound bow 70 pounds draw weight minimum able to launch an arrow of 1000 grs and two blade broadhead behind ele shoulder will be very effective and u will find your elephant down after 500 meters with a blood 's spoor very easy to track.
 
Get also a enough gun with u for a possible defence ...
 
So...a modern compound bow 70 pounds draw weight minimum able to launch an arrow of 1000 grs and two blade broadhead behind ele shoulder will be very effective and u will find your elephant down after 500 meters with a blood 's spoor very easy to track.

Not issuing permits any longer for archery elephant as best I can tell, but I think their minimum was 80 pound draw. It may have had an arrow grain weight minimum too, can't recall.
 
There was not limits about bow draw weight but the rules was get by south african ones
Minmum arrow weight 750 grs with two broadhead blades.
Minimum arrow energy 75/80foot pound
Compound bow only.
 
34 years ago a PH in Zim Cris Ferreira said me which for hunting elephant he used a 80 pounds draw weight compound bow and an arrow with several blade .But a 80 pound draw weight bow of 34 years ago could work maybe like a 65 draw weight compound bow of our days!
 
so it’s a definite no on lion with a bow
Zambia is your best bet for hunting DG with a bow. Several outfitters like Strang Middleton off Big 6 Archery Safaris and many well known bow hunters book with or have booked with him including the late Richardo Longoria.

Message me and I’ll get you his contact info. Lion with a bow is possible and I know he prefers a certain time of the year which as of this morning was still available
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,440
Messages
1,576,413
Members
170,579
Latest member
BrookeUda
 

 

 

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hornedfrogbbq wrote on Rhoyland4's profile.
Do you mind me asking what auction you are referencing? I'm not in the market for any of those rifles...just curious.

Frosty in Fort Worth
K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
 
Top