BOTSWANA Hunting Information

Our PH in Botswana said that military camo is banned, but 'designer' camo you use for hunting is okay for wear. So who's right? I dunno
 
Dee I shall ask one of the Defence force Generals for clarity - my opinion is that it has been so long since we hunted on public land they may have relaxed the rules some.
 
I appreciate it John, I would prefer to avoid trouble.
 
Olive green is my Botswana hunting color of choice- khaki is too light and I get confused with a photographic tourist!
 
  • Like
Reactions: WAB
I travel throuhh Botswana a lot . I almost always wear regular hunting camo T shirt . Have never had an issue . I do have to say then normally with regular shorts .

BDF can be difficult so to be on safe side rather go with regular green or dark Khaki as advised by your outfitter.

Happy Hunting !
 
Ok Dee so it seems like the Staus Quo no longer have a problem with hunting camo so long as it’s not military issue and particularly not if your “hunting” rifle is an RPG or AK 47 and your “PH” goes by the name of Comandante and your hunting buddies are all called comrades. And leave the red Beret at home.
 
LOL, well that's great to hear, appreciate it. I'll leave my USMC BDU's at home then and since we bow hunt, no worries on them being mistaken for military weapons.
 
Semper Fi ! Have fun Botswana is a great place.
 
It says here that the largest rifle caliber to be legally allowed for hunting, is the .577 Nitro Express. Does this mean that I can’t hunt elephant in Botswana with my .600 NE?
 
It says here that the largest rifle caliber to be legally allowed for hunting, is the .577 Nitro Express. Does this mean that I can’t hunt elephant in Botswana with my .600 NE?
I know two hunters that use .600 NE in Botswana.
 
Quick question are there Elephant PAC hunts available on private land in Botswana for non residents?
 
Quick question are there Elephant PAC hunts available on private land in Botswana for non residents?

No. Private ranchers are permitted to kill elephant causing damage on the wrong side of the fence. They cannot offer them as PAC hunts to visiting hunters.
 
No. Private ranchers are permitted to kill elephant causing damage on the wrong side of the fence. They cannot offer them as PAC hunts to visiting hunters.
Thank you that is how I also have it just heard someone telling me about PAC hunts in BOTS and also thought it does not sound right.
 
I'm hunting with Tholo Safaris in September. I've been advised of the 14% VAT on imported ammunition. I'm bringing 40 rounds of 9.3x62 in factory boxes. What has been everyone's experience with that? Do they open the boxes to inspect and count? Any information will be appreciated.
 
I'm hunting with Tholo Safaris in September. I've been advised of the 14% VAT on imported ammunition. I'm bringing 40 rounds of 9.3x62 in factory boxes. What has been everyone's experience with that? Do they open the boxes to inspect and count? Any information will be appreciated.
They count every round and take forever to get the form filled out. It seems like we should get rebated what we take back out but I just couldn’t tolerate the brain damage of asking.
 
Has anyone heard that handloaded ammunition is not legal in Botswana? It would make sense if they want to charge a VAT for ammo.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,308
Messages
1,572,371
Members
169,547
Latest member
JoniScorfi
 

 

 

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top