BOTSWANA: Botswana Safari

Congrats. Was this high fence or free range?
 
If I am not mistaken is it a more than 100 000 acres high fence property.
 
Lrey..............................a great write up. A hunt with a good friend or family member is joy to remember. But what I really liked was the fact that you did the hunting with "Holland's Super .30" as it was originally termed by the mfgr, and "the three seven five". More than 30 years ago I hunted my first buffalo. I hired a rifle, and had two choices. I asked my PH, Lou Murray, whether to take the .458 Win or the 375 H&H. He said, "if you take the Winchester you have a good gun, but when you take the Holland and Holland, you're holding history". Those cartridges still do the job, as your story attests.............................well done.......FWB
 
Lrey..............................a great write up. A hunt with a good friend or family member is joy to remember. But what I really liked was the fact that you did the hunting with "Holland's Super .30" as it was originally termed by the mfgr, and "the three seven five". More than 30 years ago I hunted my first buffalo. I hired a rifle, and had two choices. I asked my PH, Lou Murray, whether to take the .458 Win or the 375 H&H. He said, "if you take the Winchester you have a good gun, but when you take the Holland and Holland, you're holding history". Those cartridges still do the job, as your story attests.............................well done.......FWB
I love historical rifles and cartridges, as you said, both of these cartridges have been getting it done for a long, long time. I love the .375 and I ended up letting my son talk me out of the .300 H&H. I looked at a lot of cartridges for him the year prior to going, mainly in the .300 range. Sure, others are faster or hit a little harder but with much increased recoil and muzzle blast. That .300 H&H is downright pleasant to shoot and has an enviable reputation for taking game. Don't fix what isn't broke!
 
Great story and photos, thank you for sharing.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,297
Messages
1,570,946
Members
169,062
Latest member
JanisFergu
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

autofire wrote on ThinAirHunter's profile.
I think forum prohibits making reference or giving personal references to PH/Outfitters that don't advertise on this forum.

But you can call me. I would be happy to discuss Cape Buffalo .

Bob 813-310-6992
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
curt672 wrote on Robmill70's profile.
So What's the story on the 340 ??? thanks Curt
rdog wrote on Bob Nelson 35Whelen's profile.
Bob i was at Rebel gun works last Friday they had once fired 25/20 brass in their up stairs section , how are the knees going?
 
Top