Books For Sale

Bookbug

AH member
Reaction score
I came into several boxes of books from a friend and little did I know that 5 boxes were full of books on hunting and a few gun books. I found this site from a Google search and thought I would see if there is interest in any of these titles. All of the books came from the same person I think it was an estate but I am not certain. Almost all of the books look like they may have had a bookplate or name sticker that was cut out of the first, or second page. Most of the books are hardback, some are signed, some are limited edition all are in good condition the Asian Hunter books dust cover is not in the best of shape but the book is ok. I have about 40 more books I believe they are on bird hunting, guns, New Zealand hunting and other hunting topics. If anyone has interest I will post detailed photos prices and do my best to answer any questions. I do not have knowledge on hunting and very little on guns but I do appreciate books and I hope to find these books an new home.

Photo 1 is of the books I think are about Africa and Asia. The other 2 photos are two of the books I picked to show that some have the corner cut out and some do not.

Thank you,
Bookbug

IMG_7434.JPG
IMG_7441.JPG
IMG_7442.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
I want both into the thorns and I met a lion by Gordon Church hill. I hope I am first to respond!!!!

If needed I will take all the hunting books to get the two I asked for before anyone else. Just PM me for payment details please

Please post prices. Forum requirement as I understand.

I'm interested in Tuskers in the Dust, Arino, Byrne, Brandt, and Kwaheri.

If needed I will take all the hunting books to get the two I asked for before anyone else. Just PM me for payment details please
If you don't have Drums of the Morning, get it too!

I have it my friend. I have looked everywhere for into the thorns and now if the poster honors our rule of first responder at full price which is me gets it I will have it!!!

I was lucky to find a copy after selling mine years ago for some dumb reason. Fingers crossed!

Being your first post, welcome to AH!

Pleas do not think that I am ignoring any question. I did not expect such fast response to the post. I thought I would have time to get prices but some of these books are hard to find on the internet. If I was suppose to put prices right away I am sorry for the mistake. I will post prices and any thing else about the books as soon as I can.

Thank you BnC 04 for the welcome. This is way out of my comfort level.

I’ll take Pondoro Last of the Ivory Hunters. 30$?

@Bookbug, As per forum rules for the Classifieds section: For sale threads must have a price listed. Please respect the rules of our community. Thank you, Jerome

The cut corners in some of the books where from a library embossed name. They removed the name of the previous owner in most of the books.
I would prefer to ship in the US as I am not familiar with shipping over seas, but I can work with people if someone really wants a book. I can take personal checks, money orders, I have Pay pal but I am not sure how they are with hunting and gun things. If you do get a book we can work the payment out cost of shipping.

Here is a list of prices for the books. The prices in the internet are all over the place. So I did my best in coming up with pricing.

1. TUSKERS IN THE DUST BY FRED EVERTT W/BOOK SLIP CASE #801 OF 1000 SIGNED BY THE AUTHOR $125.00

2. KING OF THE WA-KIKUYU VOLUME 2 BY JOHN BOYES CORNER REMOVED $20.00

3. A SPORTING LIFE THE MEMOIRS OF A BIG-GAME HUNTER BY JOSE MARTINEZ DE HOZ $28.00

4. DRUMS OF THE MORNING BY WAYNE GRANT SECOND PAGE REMOVED $110.00

5. PONDORO LAST OF THE IVORY HUNTERS BY JOHN TAYLOR $37.00

6. MAN-KILLERS I HAVE KNOWN BY A. J. SIGGINS #33 OUT OF 750 SIGNED BY PUBLISHER CORNER REMOVED $90.00

7. DREAMING THE LION BY THOMAS MCINTYRE SECOND PAGE PARTIALY REMOVED $10.00

8. THAT'S AFRICA A SOMEWHAT DIFFERENT HUNTING BOOK C'EST L' AFRIQUE BY ANNO HECKER $50.00

9. ASIAN HUNTER BY JOHN BRANDT DUST JACKET IS IN ROUGH SHAPE BOOK IS OK CORNERS A LITTLE BENT. # 161 OF 1250 NUMBERED LIMITED EDITION COPIES $80.00

10. ON THE TRAIL OF THE AFRICAN ELEPHANT BY TONY SANCHEZ-ARINO SIGNED BY AUTHOR CORNER REMOVED $95.00

11. AFRICA SUNSETS BY GIORGIO GRASSELLI CORNER REMOVED $48.00

12. THE HUNTING IMPERATIVE BY RICHARD HARLAND CORNER REMOVED $65.00

13. HUNTING IN THE MOUNTAINS AND JUNGLES OF NEPAL BY PETER BYRNE #73 OF 1000 SIGNED BY AUTHOR BOOK W/BOOK SLIP CASE CORNER REMOVED $69.00

14. I KILLED FOR A LIVING BY ETIENNE OGGERI #353 OF 500 SIGNED BY AUTHOR W/BOOK SLIP CASE CORNER REMOVED$110.00

15. KWAHERI BY ROBERT VON REITNAUER #717 OF 1000 SIGNED BY AUTHOR BOOK SLIP CASE CORNER REMOVED $69.00

16. HUNTING TRIPS IN THE LAND OF THE DRAGON BY KENNETH CZECH CORNER REMOVED $30.00

17. SPORT IN THE HIGHLANDS OF KASHMIR BY HENRY ZOUCH DARRAH THIS IS A NUMBERED BOOK BUT IT HAS NO NUMBER WRITTEN DOWN # (BLANK) OF 500 VERY STRANGE W/BOOK SLIP CASE REMOVED CORNER $110.00

18. ON THE TRAIL OF THE INDIAN TIGER BY TOBIAL LANZ REMOVED CORNER $25.00

19. HEAT THIRST & IVORY BY FREDERICK EVERETT REMOVED CORNER $ 32.00

20. INTO THE THORNS BY WAYNE GRANT SIGNED COPY---SOLD UNLESS THE BUYER CHANGES HIS MIND

21. SOME LIONS I HAVE MET BY GORDON CUNDILL CORNER REMOVED SOLD SAME AS #20

RARE BREED DID SAY THAT HE WANTED ALL THE BOOKS BUT I THINK HE REALLY JUST WANTED 2 BOOKS I WILL CHECK WITH HIM FIRST AND THEN GO IN ORDER OF WHO IS NEXT.

Revising my list slightly...after RB gets his books, I would like #1, #9 and #10. Thanks.

The cut corners in some of the books where from a library embossed name. They removed the name of the previous owner in most of the books.
I would prefer to ship in the US as I am not familiar with shipping over seas, but I can work with people if someone really wants a book. I can take personal checks, money orders, I have Pay pal but I am not sure how they are with hunting and gun things. If you do get a book we can work the payment out cost of shipping.

Here is a list of prices for the books. The prices in the internet are all over the place. So I did my best in coming up with pricing.

1. TUSKERS IN THE DUST BY FRED EVERTT W/BOOK SLIP CASE #801 OF 1000 SIGNED BY THE AUTHOR $125.00

2. KING OF THE WA-KIKUYU VOLUME 2 BY JOHN BOYES CORNER REMOVED $20.00

3. A SPORTING LIFE THE MEMOIRS OF A BIG-GAME HUNTER BY JOSE MARTINEZ DE HOZ $28.00

4. DRUMS OF THE MORNING BY WAYNE GRANT SECOND PAGE REMOVED $110.00

5. PONDORO LAST OF THE IVORY HUNTERS BY JOHN TAYLOR $37.00

6. MAN-KILLERS I HAVE KNOWN BY A. J. SIGGINS #33 OUT OF 750 SIGNED BY PUBLISHER CORNER REMOVED $90.00

7. DREAMING THE LION BY THOMAS MCINTYRE SECOND PAGE PARTIALY REMOVED $10.00

8. THAT'S AFRICA A SOMEWHAT DIFFERENT HUNTING BOOK C'EST L' AFRIQUE BY ANNO HECKER $50.00

9. ASIAN HUNTER BY JOHN BRANDT DUST JACKET IS IN ROUGH SHAPE BOOK IS OK CORNERS A LITTLE BENT. # 161 OF 1250 NUMBERED LIMITED EDITION COPIES $80.00

10. ON THE TRAIL OF THE AFRICAN ELEPHANT BY TONY SANCHEZ-ARINO SIGNED BY AUTHOR CORNER REMOVED $95.00

11. AFRICA SUNSETS BY GIORGIO GRASSELLI CORNER REMOVED $48.00

12. THE HUNTING IMPERATIVE BY RICHARD HARLAND CORNER REMOVED $65.00

13. HUNTING IN THE MOUNTAINS AND JUNGLES OF NEPAL BY PETER BYRNE #73 OF 1000 SIGNED BY AUTHOR BOOK W/BOOK SLIP CASE CORNER REMOVED $69.00

14. I KILLED FOR A LIVING BY ETIENNE OGGERI #353 OF 500 SIGNED BY AUTHOR W/BOOK SLIP CASE CORNER REMOVED$110.00

15. KWAHERI BY ROBERT VON REITNAUER #717 OF 1000 SIGNED BY AUTHOR BOOK SLIP CASE CORNER REMOVED $69.00

16. HUNTING TRIPS IN THE LAND OF THE DRAGON BY KENNETH CZECH CORNER REMOVED $30.00

17. SPORT IN THE HIGHLANDS OF KASHMIR BY HENRY ZOUCH DARRAH THIS IS A NUMBERED BOOK BUT IT HAS NO NUMBER WRITTEN DOWN # (BLANK) OF 500 VERY STRANGE W/BOOK SLIP CASE REMOVED CORNER $110.00

18. ON THE TRAIL OF THE INDIAN TIGER BY TOBIAL LANZ REMOVED CORNER $25.00

19. HEAT THIRST & IVORY BY FREDERICK EVERETT REMOVED CORNER $ 32.00

20. INTO THE THORNS BY WAYNE GRANT SIGNED COPY---SOLD UNLESS THE BUYER CHANGES HIS MIND

21. SOME LIONS I HAVE MET BY GORDON CUNDILL CORNER REMOVED SOLD SAME AS #20

RARE BREED DID SAY THAT HE WANTED ALL THE BOOKS BUT I THINK HE REALLY JUST WANTED 2 BOOKS I WILL CHECK WITH HIM FIRST AND THEN GO IN ORDER OF WHO IS NEXT.
#5 please. Thank you.

I will buy Into the thorns if buyers decides to pass.

Welcome to AH,

@Rare Breed I have also been looking for those two. Congratulations on finding them.

Hi, if available, I would like #2, #3, #7, #18, and #19, please.

Thanks!

I have it my friend. I have looked everywhere for into the thorns and now if the poster honors our rule of first responder at full price which is me gets it I will have it!!!
Literally fell into your lap. Great deal !!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DomenicTur

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

DEAR SIR/MADAM,
DO YOU NEED FINANCE?
ARE YOU LOOKING FOR FINANCE?
ARE YOU LOOKING FOR FINANCE TO ENLARGE YOUR BUSINESS?
WE HELP INDIVIDUALS AND COMPANIES TO OBTAIN FINANCE FOR BUSINESS
EXPANDING AND TO SETUP A NEW BUSINESS RANGING ANY AMOUNT. GET FINANCE AT AFFORDABLE INTEREST RATE OF 3% contact us Pacific landing Whatsapp +91, Seven, Three, 0, Three, Three, Eight, Two, Six, Three, One
NYAMAZANA SAFARIS wrote on majorsafari's profile.
Trail cam image is of a cat we never took .. it’s not a great image but I can assure you it’s a very big cat . Other photo is of my client with his cat this year .
thokau wrote on Just a dude in BC's profile.
Hallo, ein Freund von mir lebt auf einer Farm in den Rocky Mountains.
Leider kam es dort in den letzten Wochen zu Bränden.
Hoffe es geht dir gut!?