Blaser R8 Professional Success

I don't guess 375 H&H would be on option on this would it? If so I would make you a offer.
You can put whatever barrel on it that you want. All that you would need to do is open up the channel on the stock to allow the semi-weight (19mm) or safari (22mm) barrels. The fact that @Bwaybuilder doesn't currently have one only means that you would then have to buy one.

If you bought this rifle (complete) and standard (17mm) 375H&H barrel, the bolt heads would be interchangeable between the two. Add a 300WM barrel that also uses the MA bolt head and you would have one rifle to hunt the world.

EDIT - I believe @Tra3 has a thumbhole stock with a 375H&H barrel.

You can put whatever barrel on it that you want. All that you would need to do is open up the channel on the stock to allow the semi-weight (19mm) or safari (22mm) barrels. The fact that @Bwaybuilder doesn't currently have one only means that you would then have to buy one.

If you bought this rifle (complete) and standard (17mm) 375H&H barrel, the bolt heads would be interchangeable between the two. Add a 300WM barrel that also uses the MA bolt head and you would have one rifle to hunt the world.

EDIT - I believe @Tra3 has a thumbhole stock with a 375H&H barrel.
Yep but that's another $1200 for the 375 H&H barrel on top of already eye watering expense rifle. Although for this rifle it is a decent price. Got a safe full of calibers but not 375 or bigger.

Yep but that's another $1200 for the 375 H&H barrel on top of already eye watering expense rifle. Although for this rifle it is a decent price. Got a safe full of calibers but not 375 or bigger.
I will be the first to admit that the Blaser R8 is not an inexpensive investment, however you get what you pay for. Because this has come up so often, I've made a list of why it's worth it vs a traditional bolt action. Not a complete list, but I'm still working on it.

• Best factory trigger I've ever had at 2#.
  • Magazine on top of trigger group shortening the rifle by 4".
  • Quick takedown for easy travel.
  • One stock fit for any caliber from 17HMR to 500J.
  • QD scope mount.
  • Mix and match as you please to find the right balance for you.
  • Multiple barrel contours for the same caliber, further customizing your fit.
  • Kickstop easily added to help with felt recoil.
  • Timber, synthetic, thumbhole, adjustable...etc stocks available.
  • Easy resale of most components you don't need along with good deals being found on the used market.
  • Incredible accuracy with factory ammo.
  • Incredibly reliable, I've shot thousands of rounds with no failures.
  • Decocking safety mechanism that is arguably the safest in the industry.
  • Scope mounted on the barrel for more consistent accuracy and return to zero.
  • Do I need to mention how fast they reload?
  • Dealer support.
BTW - I have no dog in this fight. It's not my rifle and I gain nothing from the sale. I will admit to knowing @Bwaybuilder and doing business with him. He's a great guy, buy with confidence.

I will be the first to admit that the Blaser R8 is not an inexpensive investment, however you get what you pay for. Because this has come up so often, I've made a list of why it's worth it vs a traditional bolt action. Not a complete list, but I'm still working on it.

• Best factory trigger I've ever had at 2#.
  • Magazine on top of trigger group shortening the rifle by 4".
  • Quick takedown for easy travel.
  • One stock fit for any caliber from 17HMR to 500J.
  • QD scope mount.
  • Mix and match as you please to find the right balance for you.
  • Multiple barrel contours for the same caliber, further customizing your fit.
  • Kickstop easily added to help with felt recoil.
  • Timber, synthetic, thumbhole, adjustable...etc stocks available.
  • Easy resale of most components you don't need along with good deals being found on the used market.
  • Incredible accuracy with factory ammo.
  • Incredibly reliable, I've shot thousands of rounds with no failures.
  • Decocking safety mechanism that is arguably the safest in the industry.
  • Scope mounted on the barrel for more consistent accuracy and return to zero.
  • Do I need to mention how fast they reload?
  • Dealer support.
BTW - I have no dog in this fight. It's not my rifle and I gain nothing from the sale. I will admit to knowing @Bwaybuilder and doing business with him. He's a great guy, buy with confidence.
Yes sir I would agree with everything you said.
Built a new house with a trophy room and just got back from a very successful safari and my Taxidermy bill is more than some African countries GDP….. looking for the Blaser as a one rifle for DG and plains game on the next safari I am looking to book. Need to start using drugs as it will be cheaper. Still thinking about the 7mm Barrel but hopefully someone else will snap this up before I do something stupid and make an offer I don’t need to spend.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bayshooter

Latest profile posts

1000009202.jpg
1000009102.jpg
1000008936.jpg
1000008850.jpg
1000008747.jpg
It's been a great Safari here in Zambia with Mbizi Safaris so far!! Heading out to the Kafue Flats tomorrow for Lechwe
3 Wake Ups and South Africa Bound!