Blaser R8 Barrel In 9.3x62

albravo

AH senior member
Reaction score
I blame AH for giving me the Blaser bug and right about the time I joined the forum I bought an R8 and barrels in .375H&H, 9.3x62 and .223.

After doing load development with the .375 I've found a great 250 gr TTSX load and I really can't figure why I need to keep the 9.3x62 barrel. A Swaro Z8i has caught my eye and I could use some barrel money to fund it.

The barrel has a handful of rounds fired and is in excellent condition. 22.75" with sights, standard contour, magazine included, in original box. I think $1,000 is a fair price.

Here is the wrinkle: I'm in Canada. I did a quick google search and it seems perfectly legal to ship the barrel to an FFL. If someone on here wants it I will figure out the export/import aspect and share that information before any money changes hands.

I've brought guns in from the US before and it was pretty straightforward using a company called IRUNGUNS. If anyone knows the process of going the other direction please post as it would be a valuable addition to this thread.

** darn it-- i seem to have posted this to the wrong place. Sorry, still learning the site.

In the US it’s perfect toy legal to ship the barrel to the buyer, no FFL needed.

I would be very interested in the barrel if we can figure out how hard it is to import it.

Ok, I'm in my truck most of today but will try to get some solid information a bit later.

I'll post general information in this thread but will switch to PM for anything specific.

I need to figure out how to post photos but it may be a moot point. I heard from IRUNGUNS today and it can be done but it is a bit of a hassle. Definitely not as simple as I'd hoped.

Approval is needed from the ATF which can take 3-6 weeks. For it to get approval it must meet criteria as a "sporting arms" (as opposed to military) accessory. It cannot be threaded for a muzzle brake or suppressor. I don't see either of those as a problem but the long lead time is a pain. I would also have to pay C$220 for the approval and shipping to the IRUNGUNS FFL office in AZ. The buyer would then have to pay shipping from AZ.

Bottom line: I don't think it remains economical as I'd have to get $1150 for the barrel and the buyer would have to wait weeks for the product.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thanpan

Latest profile posts

John Kirk wrote on Macduff's profile.
Great transaction on some 375 HH ammo super fast shipping great communication
akriet wrote on Tom Leoni's profile.
Hello Tom: I saw your post about having 11 Iphisi's for sale. I have been thinking about one. I am also located in Virginia. Do you have photos of the availables to share? My email is [redacted]

Thanks and regards,

Andy
Natural Bridge, Virginia