Blaser R8 Alberta

375Ruger416

Silver supporter
AH veteran
Reaction score
Anyone in the Edmonton or central Alberta have an R8 that they would be willing to let me handle and dry fire? Still looking to buy my first 375, but haven’t quite found what I’m looking for yet. Thinking about an R8 but they are so different and I’ve never seen one in person so I’d like to before making a decision.

Thanks for considering,

Kyle

Anyone in the Edmonton or central Alberta have an R8 that they would be willing to let me handle and dry fire? Still looking to buy my first 375, but haven’t quite found what I’m looking for yet. Thinking about an R8 but they are so different and I’ve never seen one in person so I’d like to before making a decision.

Thanks for considering,

Kyle
If you talk to the owner of P&D, years ago when I was considering one he let me handle his. I regret not buying one back then when they were dirt cheap compared to now.

If your ever in Dawson Creek BC area I have professional style, wood stock euro style, and safari could we arrange a meet and actually let you fire them.
That would be great! Thanks for the offer :)

Thanks for considering,

Kyle
did you ever decide on the R8? They are solid, and you do need time to get used to the action and safety. Sauer are another great choice. On a 375 would recommend staying away from anything to "light weighted".

If you are in DFW, TX for any reason you can look at mine. I resisted the idea for years and now I'm really warming to them. I just got back from a trip to Africa and took the R8 for the first time. The PH said I reloaded so fast that he wouldn't have believed it if he hadn't seen it. Their barrels are also very accurate and I love how the QD scope mounts return to a true zero.

did you ever decide on the R8? They are solid, and you do need time to get used to the action and safety. Sauer are another great choice. On a 375 would recommend staying away from anything to "light weighted".
Yes, actually. I’ve got a R8 professional ordered with 375 H&H, 6.5 PRC, and 223 barrels. I went with threaded 23” barrels which is causing a delay to ship the barrels to Blaser in the USA for threading.

Hopefully soon!

Excellent. I'm assuming that you are aware those 3 barrels require 3 separate bolt head sizes? I did something similar but stayed within the same bolt head family.

Yes, actually. I’ve got a R8 professional ordered with 375 H&H, 6.5 PRC, and 223 barrels. I went with threaded 23” barrels which is causing a delay to ship the barrels to Blaser in the USA for threading.

Hopefully soon!
Very nice 375 is a superb caliber. Looks like you have a good mix! Have fun using them in the field.

Excellent. I'm assuming that you are aware those 3 barrels require 3 separate bolt head sizes? I did something similar but stayed within the same bolt head family.
6.5 PRC is a funny one. Magnum bolt face but different magazine insert than the 375.

My reading of the Blaser barrel chart says they are 3 different bolt head sizes...and 6.5 PRC is standard not magnum.

Screenshot 2024-07-04 at 1.18.46 PM.png

My reading of the Blaser barrel chart says they are 3 different bolt head sizes...and 6.5 PRC is standard not magnum.

View attachment 617732
Hopefully this shows up, but it uses the standard magazine and the magnum bolt face.

I’ve got other 6.5 prc’s, but a 300 WM or 7 RM would probably be more practical for a traveling rifle.

Attachments

• IMG_7093.jpeg
    IMG_7093.jpeg
    283.9 KB · Views: 15
6.5 PRC takes the magnum bolt head

I have two 6.5 PRCs and like them a lot, although they are not Blasers. I was simply pointing out the Blaser chart and bolt head families. At a minimum, it will require 2 bolt heads to cover the 3 cartridges. Regardless, the R8 will handle it well. I also recommend the rimfire conversion. That’s a great way to practice cheaply with shooting sticks and field positions with the same trigger, stock and manual of arms.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NanDuarte

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

We have been very busy hunting! Lots of pictures and videos in process!

expoB wrote on Ontario Hunter's profile.
Total con artist! Bradley Joseph Clemens!
expoB wrote on Ontario Hunter's profile.
Regarding Senga Senga. Brad Clemens. Do your research with him. He owes people money…took deposits, no hunt! Two words, for anyone who wants to hire him…..background check. His character shows and this character follows every aspect of his life. Not to be trusted at all!
Grandpa Moose wrote on Ontario Hunter's profile.
Thanks for the advice/help. Hope the kids get a good plug from my mis post. Rain like crazy here