Blaser R8 375 H&H...amazing wood

Triathlete3

AH senior member
Reaction score
Media
I lucked into this Blaser R8 375 H&H a few months ago and the Schmidt and Bender on top makes for a perfect match. Don't think I can do much better on the wood. Its an absolute dream to shoot. Looking forward to taking it to Africa next June.
20220904_164433.jpg
20220904_164516.jpg

They don’t make them any prettier than that!
Beautiful rifle!

Very Nice rifle! Is that a standard length and contour barrel? What thickness is the recoil pad? Did you get a recoil reducer in the stock?

Excellent set of wood on that R8.

So it begins with one barrel but I am sure it won’t end with just that bbl.

Welcome to the dark side @Triathlete3

Nice wood.
Blaser used some of best wood indeed.

I've never had the pleasure of handling a Blaser rifle. Yours is stunning!

That looks superb. Yes, please bring it to Africa and write up the story. Perfect calibre too.

Did you buy it used, or from a dealer? Stunning wood, congrats!

I bought it used from a friend. He killed a rhino, buff, elephant, and many PG with it.

Beautiful, and it has history. Well done, congrats!!!

What beautiful rifle! Great to hear that it’s going on safari.

Beautiful stick of wood. Let me know if you decide the Blasers are not for you. Wood like that does not come around very often.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SedellmcGriff

Latest profile posts

Longfeather1 wrote on Cmwkwarrwn's profile.
Hello Clark
Thanks for the interest in my rifle. If you want to discuss it further you can email me direct at [redacted] or call my cell number [redacted].
Look forward to talking with you.
Regards,
Jack Kramer
quacker attacker wrote on JMV375's profile.
Hello, My wife and I hunted with Marius 2 years ago. He fit us into his schedule after a different outfitter "bailed" on us. He was always very good with communications and although we didn't end up meeting him personally, he called us multiple times during our hunt to make sure things were going well. We were very happy with him.
TERMINATOR wrote on Cuthberto's profile.
Reach out to the guys at Epic Outdoors.

They will steer you right for landowner tags and outfitters that have them.

I have held a membership with them for years and they are an invaluable resource.

Way better that asking random people on the internet...WAY better

Raskolnikov743 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
Skydiver386,

Did you ever find your 30-06 CZ550? I own a fairly solid conditioned one, if you wanted to talk.

[redacted]