Billed after a safari question

I would think that finding a dead zebra 2 months later in the bush, in an area with a lot of apex predators present would be rather hard to determine how it died.
How much of the animal was left and after 2 months it would stink to high heaven. IF there was still much of the animal left I sure wouldn't like to look for the bullet in it even in a hazmat suit and oxygen.
Me thinks there may be more to the story.
Bob
Hyenas even eat the bones. Two days later there’d likely be very little let alone two months.

Zim PH's drinking up all the beer on the ride back to camp does not sound right. Drinking the beer after the hunt is over and in camp, okay.

Are a couple guys that hunt Charara that are good guys, but also seems to be some non Zim outfitters that go into that area.

Two sides to this story I'm sure.
A guide or PH should always have at least one less of any alcoholic drink than the client.

I've had three experiences where that was not the case. One in Mozambique, one in Alaska, and one in Idaho. I would never go on another hunt with those or any other place that I knew or even thought that would be the case... The exception might be an Outfitter I know well enough to understand what to expect and then I would still want the guide or PH conducting the hunt to be doing so straight and sober.

Just the opposite, with 4 different outfitters I’ve always settled up before leaving Africa. I always take cash for any extra animals I shoot and tips for the PH and staff.
The story does seem strange but it’s lacking enough details that it’s tough to make a 100% assessment of the situation, as others have said mt zebra in Zimbabwe? and I’ve never seen any animal lying around Africa for 2 months without it being completely eaten by scavengers and the bones scattered to hell and back. But they have the other trophies from the safari and if they ever want to be seen again you’ll have to pay.
I would really have a hard time giving in to such blackmail. I'd be diplomatic to start but if pushed its likely to become a Musk moment;)

My limited experience of only 2 hunts with same outstanding outfitter was airplane tickets were basically the deposit. Settle up last night or morning of with card pay. Easy peasy and no BS. Everyone happy. My third trip is upcoming and 500 deposit with another outfitter and settle up will be last night. Rough numbers first 10000, second 7700, and third with only buff and add kudu about 12500. Asking for payment no blood, no carcass etc sounds sketchy but only one side of story.

I’ll have to dig it up but in one of our Alabama SCI news letters is a story of a RSA outfitter that tried to charge a guy for a waterbuck that the client missed. The outfitter said it was the land owners policy of you shoot at you pay.

I’ll have to dig it up but in one of our Alabama SCI news letters is a story of a RSA outfitter that tried to charge a guy for a waterbuck that the client missed. The outfitter said it was the land owners policy of you shoot at you pay.
That’s some BS. I don’t think any reputable outfitter would take clients to a property like that and if he did it better be previously agreed landowner pricing not retail.

The way I look at it is the lodge has bills to pay, particularly trophy fees to property owner, so it seems it would be kinda rude to make him wait to get his money. Guess I put too much value on my Sunday school diploma?
Yea well, it's nice to do business with business men who have a proper operating budget. And a strong reputation for doing things correctly, openly, honestly, timely. On both sides of the transaction. Nothing rude about doing good business. Timing of payments should always be discussed up front and agreed to. I have never has to request paying after a hunt, it has always been offered. My last Africa hunt, just carrying the cash for tips was nerve racking.

Yea well, it's nice to do business with business men who have a proper operating budget. And a strong reputation for doing things correctly, openly, honestly, timely. On both sides of the transaction. Nothing rude about doing good business. Timing of payments should always be discussed up front and agreed to. I have never has to request paying after a hunt, it has always been offered. My last Africa hunt, just carrying the cash for tips was nerve racking.
My guy takes credit card. I'm good with that. Probably saves him some money if he waits till I get home and I wire funds to his bank. But if he's okay with credit card, so am I. Most businessmen do business that way these days. Buying anything on credit at a business is exceedingly rare today. Of course, I'm talking about South Africa. Less "civilized" venues might not have the luxury of secure internet connection.

I can also make a global money transfer directly to his account from my Canadian bank account. And do it at the lodge. Problem seems to be the transfer can only be made in local currency (Rand) and he balks at that. In a pinch I can do the conversion and provide him with a screenshot. He has accepted that recently but prefers US dollars.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
loxseb

Latest profile posts

DEAR SIR/MADAM,
DO YOU NEED FINANCE?
ARE YOU LOOKING FOR FINANCE?
ARE YOU LOOKING FOR FINANCE TO ENLARGE YOUR BUSINESS?
WE HELP INDIVIDUALS AND COMPANIES TO OBTAIN FINANCE FOR BUSINESS
EXPANDING AND TO SETUP A NEW BUSINESS RANGING ANY AMOUNT. GET FINANCE AT AFFORDABLE INTEREST RATE OF 3% contact us Pacific landing Whatsapp +91, Seven, Three, 0, Three, Three, Eight, Two, Six, Three, One
NYAMAZANA SAFARIS wrote on majorsafari's profile.
Trail cam image is of a cat we never took .. it’s not a great image but I can assure you it’s a very big cat . Other photo is of my client with his cat this year .
thokau wrote on Just a dude in BC's profile.
Hallo, ein Freund von mir lebt auf einer Farm in den Rocky Mountains.
Leider kam es dort in den letzten Wochen zu Bränden.
Hoffe es geht dir gut!?