Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Mex/S.Amer
Member of
NRA, SCI, NAHC, RMEF, NBU, WSF
Hunted
Namibia, RSA
I'm looking for warthogs, big warthogs that is. I've looked for them my last couple hunts but unable to find a big, unbroken one to put on the wall.

Do you have any recommendations on countries, areas or outfitters that I should bek looking at?

I believe they have mentioned this several times. They have some great warthogs available. Good luck
Bruce

Do you want to go on a warthog focused hunt and shoot multiple warthogs or just have a general hunt in an area where there is the potential for big warthogs? If you want to go on a warthog focused hunt I’d go to Limpopo and shoot a bunch of them. There won’t be any problems with exporting more than two like in Namibia. If you want to get just one big one along with other game, everything I’ve seen makes me believe it’s the delta areas in Mozambique. Even in good areas, I think you just have to the ability to look over large numbers of warthogs to find one that isn’t broken because most are. Here’s my personal biggest, from Limpopo.
IMG_1632.jpeg

Otavi, Namibia
I took these in otavi in an afternoon in 2019. The landowner said he had a very large one coming to a particular waterhole as well, but we never saw it. Not sure effect droughts have had on them.
IMG_1633.jpeg

I'm looking for warthogs, big warthogs that is. I've looked for them my last couple hunts but unable to find a big, unbroken one to put on the wall.

Do you have any recommendations on countries, areas or outfitters that I should bek looking at?
Thank you for posting this question. I have been too scared to ask. LOL. Well maybe lazy.

Thanks everyone for sharing your thoughts and recommendations. I would be looking at the warthog as my primary target species. Other animals would depend on where I'm hunting at. My walls are already full of animals from Namibia and South Africa but there's usually some culls or another buffalo. Mozambique is another story. Never hunted there.

He's talking about 4 legged ones, not 2 legged ones.
Same with the black backed jackals. If you remember during our hunt and the PHs were talking about shooting jackals and I mentioned when I worked at a middle school, we had a number of little jackals. They thought they were "golden" jackals but they weren't. You stated the PHs were talking about the four legged kind. LOL

We are also blessed with BIG warthogs here in the green Kalahari.
We are located in the south eastern part of the Kalahari where the rainfall is much higher than in the western parts. So plenty of warthogs and with the soft sandy soil they do not break their tusks that often.
Sincerely
Hans de Klerk

I ended up booking with Mokore Safaris to hunt next September in Coutada 9 in Mozambique. I'm really looking forward to it.
Just curious can you take multiple warthogs in Mozambique or are you limited to only one? I’ve read you need to buy license in advance?

Before you go, contact me. Find out where I'm going......and go somewhere else. You will have a better chance. Been going for the last 22 years....to places that swore they had giant hogs......have often not even seen a pig. Tried Moz, Nam, RSA, and several other places multiple times. If the next time fails to produce even the sight of a pig, I'm going to follow @CoElkHunter 's advice and try WallyWorld. The wildlife viewing alone is worth the trip ............FWB

Off this specific thread of GIANT warthogs, but I prefer to stalk as close as possible to the game I hunt without them knowing I'm there. I do this when elk hunting and it gives me great satisfaction. We stalked to within 50 yards of these non shootable hogs during my one and only RSA PG hunt in June 2022. I thought it was very cool! I did take a small hog later as my first warthog.

IMG_1799.png
IMG_1365.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DavidTaine

Latest profile posts

NYAMAZANA SAFARIS wrote on majorsafari's profile.
Trail cam image is of a cat we never took .. it’s not a great image but I can assure you it’s a very big cat . Other photo is of my client with his cat this year .
thokau wrote on Just a dude in BC's profile.
Hallo, ein Freund von mir lebt auf einer Farm in den Rocky Mountains.
Leider kam es dort in den letzten Wochen zu Bränden.
Hoffe es geht dir gut!?