Big pod death grip

Siennacoyote

AH veteran
Joined
Feb 24, 2023
Messages
144
Reaction score
272
Bought a big pod death grip and it stated its non maring . It scraped the heck out of my wood stock. First recommendations to stop it from occurring ? Would a rag in the grip work. Second what’s recommended for making the stock look nice again . It’s a hunting gun but it’s okay to be pretty too :)
 
That’s odd… I use a death grip head quite a bit and haven’t had it mar anything I’ve shot using it yet..

My biggest challenge with it is even torquing the head gorilla tight to the stock of some of my heavy boomers like my 300 prc and 300 win mag, the stock will sometimes shift a little in the head and have to be readjusted and tightened again…

But even when I’ve got it clamped down gorilla tight and the head shifts against the stock, I haven’t gotten any scratches…
 
@mdwest Dave - I had the same issue - and found a tip on another forum that worked OK - basically replace the plastic washers with metal ones.

It was pretty straightforward - try searching for 'BOG DeathGrip Modification' or similar.
 
So do you think I just don’t have a tighten down enough? I’ll send pictures of my stock when I get home.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,290
Messages
1,571,796
Members
169,415
Latest member
ilvigarhamp1983
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top