Big Bore Hunting Rounds Wanted

MRogersII

AH veteran
Joined
Jan 12, 2019
Messages
176
Reaction score
99
Media
20
Good evening, All. My son and I have been working for a few years on building a cartridge display case (see pic). I am looking to aquire cartridge dummy rounds from big game cartridges (bottom row ). If you would be willing to provide a case with a properly seated bullet (no powder or primer please), I would be more than happy to pay USPS shipping and pay you a reasonable fee for the round (via PAYPAL). As you can see, we have accumulated several rounds but not many over 338. I have a 505 Gibbs, 470 NE, 416 Rigby and 50-140 Sharps.

Please PM.

Thank you for your time and have a great holiday.

Michael

20191201_211309.jpg
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Following. If I get a set of dies for my 375 Ruger, I will be happy to ship you one free of charge.
 
Last edited:
I actually thought on it for several years before I did anything with it. Most of the ones I had seen had the rounds permanently fixed, and I wanted it to be modular so I could add new rounds in their proper place as I came across them. What I ended up doing was installing a series of 6 stepped, shelves. Then I drilled a line of 3/32" holes on 1" centers, 5/8" inside the front edge of each shelf. I picked up some 3/4" tack nails whose head diameter is just slightly smaller than the primer pocket and glued one in each primer pocket. This way each round has a metal peg protruding from the primer pocket and that holds it in place on the shelf. It actually worked out very well. The rounds are secure when they're in the drilled holes and they're easy to move around to accommodate new additions.

With regards to your round, yes, I would be glad to have one and, yes, I would much prefer that it be a bullet seated into an empty case. That takes all the hazmat stuff out of the equation. If you would like to send me your PayPal address I would be happy to advance you the funds to cover the shipping cost to central KY. No, I don't live in Alabama. Thank goodness. That would be way too close to Guntersville. I did take my Dad there fishing for a few days two years ago. Beautiful place.

Thank you again for your kindness, and for taking the time to respond.

Michael
 
As an afterthought, if all you have is a fired case, I would still be very interested in it. I can put a slight crimp on the mouth to hold the bullet and come up with a bullet to finish the dummy round with. No worried there.
 
9.3x 57 9.3x62 35 whelen 358 win 308 Norma 338 win 338-06 338 rcm 375 Ruger 375 whelen 375 win 376 hh 416 Taylor 416 Ruger 416 Rigby 458 win

Most wouldn't be proper headstamped brass. Alot of the cases I form from 30/06 brass I could make a dummy of each of these but it would take awhile
 
Not sure what all has been offered by others or what your cartridge board already has, but I can round-up the makings for dummy rounds in the following: 223, 22/30-30AI, 243, 257R, 257AI, 257Wby, 6.4x54MS, 270, 7-08, 7x57, 30-30, 308, 30-06, 338/08AI, 338, 357, 375H&H, 375Wby, 375RUM, 404, 44mag, 458. Let me know which you would like.
 
9.3x 57 9.3x62 35 whelen 358 win 308 Norma 338 win 338-06 338 rcm 375 Ruger 375 whelen 375 win 376 hh 416 Taylor 416 Ruger 416 Rigby 458 win

Most wouldn't be proper headstamped brass. Alot of the cases I form from 30/06 brass I could make a dummy of each of these but it would take awhile
PM sent. Thank you, Sir
 
Not sure what all has been offered by others or what your cartridge board already has, but I can round-up the makings for dummy rounds in the following: 223, 22/30-30AI, 243, 257R, 257AI, 257Wby, 6.4x54MS, 270, 7-08, 7x57, 30-30, 308, 30-06, 338/08AI, 338, 357, 375H&H, 375Wby, 375RUM, 404, 44mag, 458. Let me know which you would like.
PM sent to you also. And thank you for your time.
 
I can add 375 H&H, 40/60 maynard, 450/400, 400 whelen, 416 ruger, 45/70, 45/100, 458WM, 450 NE, 458 Lott, 50 Alaskan, 50/90, 500 NE
 
Thank you again to all the guys that have responded. I do appreciate it.

Michael
 
Do you have a 6.5 x 55 Swedish Mauser or a 7 x 65R?
 
Would you update a pic as some of these are added?
I’m in Australia but it seems the generosity is flowing and there are many helpful members.
Thanks for posting the way you constructed this. It’s food for thought for anyone wanting to do something similar.
 
Would you update a pic as some of these are added?
I’m in Australia but it seems the generosity is flowing and there are many helpful members.
Thanks for posting the way you constructed this. It’s food for thought for anyone wanting to do something similar.
Good afternoon, Sir. I would be happy to provide an updated pic. I believe I am somewhere in the neighborhood of 175 rounds currently. Been working on this for many years but have only just this year moved forward with actually building the display case for it. My background is mostly in long range target shooting and in 1,000 yard bench rest and so I have accumulated a number of rounds from that circle of friends. I have always had an uneconomical appetite for big bore rifles though, beginning with a 460 G&A #2 I bought when I was 16. In fact, I shot my first 1,000yard BR match with a Ruger #1 375 H&H (which, by the way, I do not recommend...for a variety of very valid reasons ;)).

Michael
15763476062202042171715.jpg
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I have often thought about building a display like this especially with the members on the forum here having a very diverse type of cartridges. Everything from .22 CB's one up to the 600 Nitro Express rounds.

However since you can not ship them through the US mail I think that the cost would get prohibitive shipping them with UPS or FedEx or other ground shippers. Now if you met up in person that would be a totally different thing.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,327
Messages
1,572,994
Members
169,680
Latest member
lawyjawy
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top