Beware QuickLoad

Here are images (swiped from the 'net) of Mannlicher Schoenauers that were purchased by John Huston before going to Africa for location shooting of The African Queen.

His daughter, Angelica, has a vacation house not far from where I now sit and if I ever run across her I might ask if she inherited / still owns them.

MS Huston African Queen Mannlichers.jpg


MS Huston cropped.jpg

Huston (with MS), 'Bogey', Bacall
 
I finally got everything straightened out and it works fine. I was just frustrated with no customer service that could help me. I now have the latest version as well and no bugs!!!!
 
so i use the QL shot start for aframes. cuts back on the velocity but oh well...
Drawn copper tensile strength is ~66kpsi and has huge bearing surface vs gilding metal ~32kpsi and
pure copper bullets have driving bands and much less surface.
 
Now that I have all the kinks out and it is working great for me, when using my chronograph I always notice the actual FPS are a little under QL which is fine given they want to be conservative for saftey. I always use QL to get me started then fine tune.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,342
Messages
1,573,376
Members
169,744
Latest member
Gus674466
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top