Best Wet Weather/Mountain Boots?

Kenetrek.
My brother is a hunting guide in colorado and he puts lots of miles on his boots during all the seasons. He swears by them - has for years - so I finally bought 2 pairs, one insulated and one uninsulated. Couldn’t be happier, excellent quality and comfort. I usually wear the uninsulated if I’m walking because they are so warm. If you going to sit on a point and still hunt id wear the insulated.

Kenetrek.
My brother is a hunting guide in colorado and he puts lots of miles on his boots during all the seasons. He swears by them - has for years - so I finally bought 2 pairs, one insulated and one uninsulated. Couldn’t be happier, excellent quality and comfort. I usually wear the uninsulated if I’m walking because they are so warm. If you going to sit on a point and still hunt id wear the insulated.

So you don’t think the insulated are necessary for hiking around in snow or streams? Thanks for the input

So you don’t think the insulated are necessary for hiking around in snow or streams? Thanks for the input
If you are moving the insulated are not necessary, they are quite warm. I actually don’t wear my insulated pair (1000) because they are too warm if you are hiking.

Kenetrek.
Yes but if they leak, Kenetrek will not exchange or refund.

I use Asolo boots, model I prefer is "Lagazuoi" - they're the best I've ever had, tough as a tank, totally watherproof, and very confortable.
Also I have a pair of Scarpa "Ladakh GTX", also extremely well built, but a bit on the heavy side to me - anyway, very good ones.
IMG_20221214_230257.jpg

IMG_20221215_002407.jpg

Are the Lagazuoi's still made?
After your message I checked the website : unfortunately they do not anymore...
Sad, because they're super.
But Scarpa still produce the Ladakh, and they're also a great product...

Yes but if they leak, Kenetrek will not exchange or refund.
But they do. From the FAQs on the website-

"Kenetrek warranties the waterproofness for up to 12 months from date of purchase or 75% of sole wear, whichever comes first"

But they do. From the FAQs on the website-

"Kenetrek warranties the waterproofness for up to 12 months from date of purchase or 75% of sole wear, whichever comes first"
Not so fast…

One of my guides sent a pair back within the 12 months. Kenetrek simply denied that they leaked and sent them back. We put the boot in a bathtub with 3” of water and two hours later, the boot had 3” of water in it but according to Kenetrek, it didn’t leak. I guess we were just lying…

Not so fast…

One of my guides sent a pair back within the 12 months. Kenetrek simply denied that they leaked and sent them back. We put the boot in a bathtub with 3” of water and two hours later, the boot had 3” of water in it but according to Kenetrek, it didn’t leak. I guess we were just lying…
Interesting. I've never had to deal with their customer service, but it sucks to hear they would do that. I would expect a company selling what I consider an upper end boot to stand behind their products. Hopefully that was an unusual interaction as I really like their boots.

Check these out. I have both. Awesome.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Blaubeerchen44

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

T/C wrote on Dewald's profile.
Hi Dewald,
I am looking for a copy of Wright's "Shooting the British Double Rifle" (3E).
Please PM me (T/C) if you still have one.
Thank you very much in advance!!!
I am game for a meat and eat. My attempt at humor.
rigby 416 wrote on rifletuner's profile.
Come from cz like that.
John A Flaws wrote on Horbs's profile.
500 schuler magazine.jpg
500 schuler bore.jpg
500 and 425 rifles.jpg
500 and 425 magaizne.jpg