Best water backpack?

One trick to cover your ass when using a Camelbak, or any other hydration pack, is to keep one bottle of water in the pack. Since you can't see the bladder, it's a rough guess on how much you have left, so it's easy to run yourself out. Throw a bottle of water in the pack as a reserve, and you'll never get caught with a dry bladder. I use them for hunting, cutting timber, running, hiking, and cycling (120-150mi rides), pretty much anything where I'd need to be mobile and need something to drink.

I've used Camelbak's for hunting for ~20yrs, kicking around through rather thorny brush. The pack insulation and shells are durable enough that you won't have punctures from "passive contact." Even falling down ravines, and one gnarly bicycle wreck, I haven't been able to puncture or rupture a camelbak brand bladder yet. I HAVE, however, punctured cans of pop/beer, and waterbottles in the thorny brush in which I hunt, so it's not like I haven't been poked!
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,292
Messages
1,570,787
Members
169,018
Latest member
JaimeHanks
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
curt672 wrote on Robmill70's profile.
So What's the story on the 340 ??? thanks Curt
rdog wrote on Bob Nelson 35Whelen's profile.
Bob i was at Rebel gun works last Friday they had once fired 25/20 brass in their up stairs section , how are the knees going?
hunted So Africa 4 times and more to come
 
Top