Best thermos for cold weather use

If you want to date your Stanley see this site below:

I just looked at mine,it has a B 78.

I bought it in the spring of 79

20230904_161757.jpg

I spent quite a few years dog mushing at extremely cold temperatures. Our cut-off for training was 20 below zero, but we could get caught out at worse than that. Many of us had insulated covers made for our thermoses, see below. We had them made for coolers, too, which we used to put hot water in to defrost the next day's meat for the dogs. My thermos went into this insulated cover. It was made by a local company Apocalypse Design, but I think a custom tent and tarp maker or custom outdoor clothing/gear maker could do the same for you. The insulated covers provided for many more hours of warm drink and food.

Laura

Apocaplyps Design Thermos Cover2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SkyeSands

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

idjeffp wrote on Jon R15's profile.
Hi Jon,
I saw your post for the .500 NE cases. Are these all brass or are they nickel plated? Hard for me to tell... sorry.
Thanks,
Jeff [redacted]
Boise, ID
[redacted]
African Scenic Safaris is a Sustainable Tour Operator based in Moshi, Tanzania. Established in 2009 as a family business, the company is owned and operated entirely by locals who share the same passion for showing people the amazing country of Tanzania and providing a fantastic personalized service.
FDP wrote on dailordasailor's profile.
1200 for the 375 barrel and accessories?