Best Taxidermy for leopards in Houston and Dallas Area?

Those are some amazing mounts!! I really appreciate all the feed back as well.

Does anyone have the contact information for Daniel Meg?

My suggestion is let the Africans do it. They do it all the time
They might do them all the time but the materials they use are different than what we have in the states and in most cases sub standard. If I’m spending the equivalent cost of a new vehicle on a single animal or hunt, you better believe I’m having the best materials used on it.

Several of the taxidermists I’ve had do mounts for me stateside have given me updates, sent pictures as they’re working, called saying we need to change this or that because of how it was skinned, or the hair is better on this side so let’s turn it this way. These aren’t things most African taxidermists will consult with you on.

Lastly, if there’s an issue or I don’t like something I want to make sure I’ve got some recourse. Good luck sending something back to Africa to have someone fix something or do something they forgot. I know multiple people who’ve gotten other peoples animals and mounts back from African taxidermists. Again if you’ve got an animal that represents a $30-50k hunt I want to know what’s going on with it, and have some semblance or control both during the process and if I don’t like something about the mount.

I have a leopard hunt planned for this July and looking for a taxidermist that goods really good leopard mounts. I would appreciate the help.
There's a valuable lesson here for everyone. Find the best taxidermist you can. Cost becomes irrelevant. I well.mounted trophy is a source of pleasure and pride forever. Bad taxidermy is ugly and a source of embaresment until you get.rid of it or move it to.the attic. What do you want to look at?

Well, I got my leopard in Zambia. I had an amazing trip and will be posting a report later this week. It’s now time to chose a taxidermist.
F$CK ya ! Congrats my man. Can’t wait to read about it.

Leopard with a bow is insane

Wait...what?!? Freaking leopard with a bow? Can't wait to hear!

Never got a big cat mounted, but prior to my one, unsuccessful leopard hunt, I did a lot of looking around. We had been to the SCI show in Reno and Animal Artistry had 100s of mounts on display all over the arena. They must have had 15-20 leopards on display... I told myself that they would be doing any cat I ever shot. ...this was a long time ago and don't have any personal experience with them, but I walked away convinced their cats looked absolutely alive.

Someone else commented and I agree... it's all in the eyes. The photos from other artists here are extremely impressive. I think one couldn't go wrong with any of them.

...my $0.02

Off topic slightly, but if you want to watch one helluva great documentary on leopards, check out "Living with Leopards" on Netflix right now. I watched it again last night. The big tom in the group is unbelievable...MASSIVE head. And watching a big female leap from 30' up a tree onto an Impala ram...??? Holi cannoli...

Ed Z

I’m going to change the thread a little. Who does really good buffalo in the houston or dallas area?
Brush county in Houston and Conroe taxidermy - Houston as well.

Good buffalo in my opinion. I don’t like many buffalo mounts, lots of mediocre ones.

But those two pump out a lot of buffalo shoulder mounts and they look good!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
corteizclothing123

Latest profile posts

Kudu2025 wrote on stk's profile.
I will take that Sako .375 if it is still available
booker wrote on Wesley's profile.
Christensen MPP 308 w/o brace
CZ 1012 12 ga
Tokarev TBP 12ga Bull Pup
Stoeger M3000 12ga
Springfield Prodogy 9mm
booker wrote on Wesley's profile.
Hello Wesley, on your M70 .416 do you only want cash or are you interested in trades?
gunslinger1971 wrote on Gray Fox's profile.
Do you still have the Browning 1895 and do you want to sell it? I'm might be interested. If so please let me know and do you have any pictures?

Steve in Missouri
[redacted]
Redfishga1 wrote on gearguywb's profile.
I would be interested in the ruger if the other guy is not.