Best Source for .500 NE snap caps

bakerb

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Hunted
USA, Canada, Russia, South Africa, Botswana
Got my first double rifle on the way. A Merkel 140. I’d like to get some snap caps for it, but having trouble finding a trusted source for them. Any ideas?

Thanks! I’ll be back in a while asking about reloading equipment, got out of reloading 25 years ago. But I want to wait until I decide whether to keep this rifle or eventually trade it. The dream is a Heym someday. I’d settle for a VC. I’m gonna have fun with this one for a while first

Attachments

Got my first double rifle on the way. A Merkel 140. I’d like to get some snap caps for it, but having trouble finding a trusted source for them. Any ideas?

Thanks! I’ll be back in a while asking about reloading equipment, got out of reloading 25 years ago. But I want to wait until I decide whether to keep this rifle or eventually trade it. The dream is a Heym someday. I’d settle for a VC. I’m gonna have fun with this one for a while first

The best you can buy would be from Trader Keith. He makes them by modifying vintage kynoch brass and then nickel plating it. He goes in and out of stock so you'd need to call for price and availability.

Runner up would be NECG. They have snap caps in "500 Basic" which fit all chamber length of 500 black power express and Nitro express. They are well made.

Third choice is terrible...pretty much anything else out there. Life's too short to own aluminum snap caps anodized burgundy.

Found them extremely difficult to find. Got given a pair from a friend, and believe they came directly from Merkel.

The best you can buy would be from Trader Keith. He makes them by modifying vintage kynoch brass and then nickel plating it. He goes in and out of stock so you'd need to call for price and availability.
Trader Keith is the way to go on this.

They have them - just purchased some yesterday in 500NE.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HoracioSpi

Latest profile posts

idjeffp wrote on Jon R15's profile.
Hi Jon,
I saw your post for the .500 NE cases. Are these all brass or are they nickel plated? Hard for me to tell... sorry.
Thanks,
Jeff [redacted]
Boise, ID
[redacted]
African Scenic Safaris is a Sustainable Tour Operator based in Moshi, Tanzania. Established in 2009 as a family business, the company is owned and operated entirely by locals who share the same passion for showing people the amazing country of Tanzania and providing a fantastic personalized service.
FDP wrote on dailordasailor's profile.
1200 for the 375 barrel and accessories?