Rolex- the stupidest, lamest company

@BeeMaa - is it faster AND less expensive to go to Europe and buy them? My friend did that 30 years ago and paid 40% less then they were going for in the US at the tim
Not now. Rolex have mandated a standardization in global pricing. You'll save VAT in Europe but there's no real savings on the watch itself. Best place I've found there is the Amsterdam Schiphol Airport Rolex shop. Lucked into a Day Date for my wife a few years back.

Not now. Rolex have mandated a standardization in global pricing. You'll save VAT in Europe but there's no real savings on the watch itself. Best place I've found there is the Amsterdam Schiphol Airport Rolex shop. Lucked into a Day Date for my wife a few years back.

Back in the day, Bucherer was the biggest Rolex dealer in Switzerland. I’ve walked in twice and walked out with a Rolex and saved a boat load of money each time. Not sure I could do that today, considering Rolex bought Bucherer.

Schiphol back in the day had the best duty free shop in the world. You could walk in and buy a new Mercedes-Benz and have it delivered to your house in the USA, cheaper than MB European Delivery. Rolex no problem, S.T. DuPont lighters and pens cheap. Those were the days.

Rolex such a great watch. Remember the inside cover of National Geographic running ads for Rolex with Reinhold Messner and other childhood heroes. But can’t buy it if they ain’t got it.

I’d buy a Cartier, Omega or a Panerai for the better half. Classy, available and 2/3 of those brands are owned by an African .

Rolex such a great watch. Remember the inside cover of National Geographic running ads for Rolex with Reinhold Messner and other childhood heroes. But can’t buy it if they ain’t got it.

I’d buy a Cartier, Omega or a Panerai for the better half. Classy, available and 2/3 of those brands are owned by an African .
Those ads were the best.

I disagree, but we are all allowed an opinion!!

Image1726169236.097085.jpg

What, you can't get a Rolex....I got Mine, inherited it when my Dad passed. I never needed a watch like that. It is on a winder and has been worn once in 5 years. No not for sale.

What, you can't get a Rolex....I got Mine, inherited it when my Dad passed. I never needed a watch like that. It is on a winder and has been worn once in 5 years. No not for sale.
If you don't wear it much it's probably better to let it stop, no point putting wear on it unnecessarily. Wearing it for a day every 3-6 months should keep everything nicely lubricated.

Glad you're keeping it though, its a nice way to remember your dad.

@dlmac

If you don't wear it much it's probably better to let it stop, no point putting wear on it unnecessarily. Wearing it for a day every 3-6 months should keep everything nicely lubricated.

Glad you're keeping it though, its a nice way to remember your dad.
:S Agree:

A watch winder is to keep a watch wound that you plan on wearing in the near future. Leaving it on the winder for five years is like leaving a car engine running while it sits in the driveway...for five years.

Plus, some older watches don't have a built in mechanism to prevent the watch from being overwound. So it can be really bad as well. Some say to leave modern automatic watches on the winder all the time. It's my opinion that it creates unnecessary wear if they are only worn a few times a year. Best advice is to talk to a professional about your specific watch and what they would recommend.

In any event, please take it off the winder and check to see how well it keeps time. This can be done professionally a watch shop with a timegrapher that listens to the watch internals and will give you readings like rate, amplitude and error...aka beat error. This test takes a couple of minutes to get an idea of how the watch is performing. The alternative is to set it down for 24 hours and see how far off it is the next day before going to for the professional evaluation.

I'll let you look up the specs on what kind of accuracy a watch should have because there are many different standards that need to be considered. Along with what you find acceptable. I've seen watch owners who really don't care about the accuracy. They just wanted something nice on their wrist that would keep reasonable time for a week or so. Your call.

Might not be a bad idea to have it serviced. So that when you do decide to wear it the time will be accurate. Or when you hand it down to the next generation, it's all ready to go. Make sure you go to a Rolex Authorized Dealer for the repairs.

I can get about any Rolex that you can want right now between my three dealers…

Just get a Fake Rolex from Bali?

Cost yah less than 10bux! And who gives a shite if it breaks? Cause I bought 10!

Just get a Fake Rolex from Bali?

Cost yah less than 10bux! And who gives a shite if it breaks? Cause I bought 10!
IMO - There are many better ways to spend $10. But you go right ahead and do as you please.

Anyone have a lead on a zblue Milgauss that’s not 50% marked up
I have no idea where the Milgauss market is at, but my local reseller DavidSW has a few in stock. I was just in there and noticed them. Check their website. They're never the cheapest, but they only deal in mint condition, box and papers authentic pieces. Excellent people to work with and no worries about fakes or scams. Call the Orlando location and ask for Mark. They usually work with you a bit on price, especially if you pay by cash/ACH. I've always been 100% satisfied. Great showroom to visit if you're in Central FL.

Wonder what statement was being made when Daniel Craig, Bond 007 stated he wore an Omega
(that's Oh-Mee-Gah) instead of a Rolex?

Many models are a great asset to hold against inflation! They are easy to transport and well known enough to work well on a barter - for example, not too long ago, I traded a Rolex Explorer II here for a Merkel double rifle in .470NE :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
linqinggou637

Latest profile posts

idjeffp wrote on Jon R15's profile.
Hi Jon,
I saw your post for the .500 NE cases. Are these all brass or are they nickel plated? Hard for me to tell... sorry.
Thanks,
Jeff [redacted]
Boise, ID
[redacted]
African Scenic Safaris is a Sustainable Tour Operator based in Moshi, Tanzania. Established in 2009 as a family business, the company is owned and operated entirely by locals who share the same passion for showing people the amazing country of Tanzania and providing a fantastic personalized service.
FDP wrote on dailordasailor's profile.
1200 for the 375 barrel and accessories?