Axle2010

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
South Africa
It might sound like a dumb question but I've read in here before (can't find it now) where the Win Mag fans like rifles with certain dimensions in the action to accommodate seating bullets long then clean up the throats to then emulate the Lott performance. I know it would be easier to just find a Lott but the Win Mags seem to be more plentiful and the rifle and ammo are cheaper. So is a M70 or CZ 550 a better starting point than a Ruger or Sako? Or are they all the same internally? BTW yes I'd love to finally get a sako but they seem to all be double or triple original price and come with a "free safari".

Need to add BRNO to the list too I guess. There's one for sale but it has that funny looking hump back stock

Interarms/Whitworth rifles have M98-type CRF actions, classic lines, express sights, and run from $750-$1500 on the used market. Not sure how the chamber is cut as far as throat length…

This is mine in .458

1728953286592.jpeg

Ed Z

I saw a Whitworth for sale but don't know much about them and it didn't look neat as nice as yours

I think Winchester with the Model 70 is the quintessential 458 WM pairing, although if you’re going to be reloading with increased COL a magnum action is likely best.

CZ550.

Also I know the retailer you are referring to with the “free Safari”.

I wonder how legit that is.

I think Winchester with the Model 70 is the quintessential 458 WM pairing, although if you’re going to be reloading with increased COL a magnum action is likely best.

CZ550.

Also I know the retailer you are referring to with the “free Safari”.

I wonder how legit that is.
Well it claims you have up to 3 years to use your free safari and you can change and switch the animals in the list but I'd be a bit hesitant on who they use for a oh in that kind of deal.

Find yourself a Pre-64 to be fancy, an experienced gal.

Mine is great rifle, she just feels right. She will be replaced next year with a semi-custom job. Not that she is not great, but I have something special planned.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rcn

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

akriet wrote on Tom Leoni's profile.
Hello Tom: I saw your post about having 11 Iphisi's for sale. I have been thinking about one. I am also located in Virginia. Do you have photos of the availables to share? My email is [redacted]

Thanks and regards,

Andy
Natural Bridge, Virginia
TAG SAFARI wrote on mvalden's profile.
Wishing you a Happy Birthday!