Best precision rifle suggestions?

If you’re able to go a bit north of $2000 budget and don’t mind a second hand rifle I would add NULA (new ultra light arms) or ULA to your search list.

pictured below is a 6.5CM
IMG_2657.jpeg

IMG_2735.jpeg

My 6.5 CM and 30.06 are both very light but their felt recoil, at least to me, is very manageable.

FIERCE are a little higher than you mentioned wanting to spend but you can keep looking for a better deal on one. They are also a bit lighter than you stated, but compensate with a brake. Only mfg I know of that guarantees sub MOA w/factory ammo and they shoot phenomenally. My 300 PRC eats 212gr eld-x and the factory test was a cloverleaf. Best guns I've found if not reloading. Notable difference in quality and performance than all mentioned so far, I've owned and shot all of them (except Seekins - I do hear good things though). Good luck!

If you’re able to go a bit north of $2000 budget and don’t mind a second hand rifle I would add NULA (new ultra light arms) or ULA to your search list.

pictured below is a 6.5CM
View attachment 533872
View attachment 533874

My 6.5 CM and 30.06 are both very light but their felt recoil, at least to me, is very manageable.
NULA is now owned by Wilson Combat

Nice shooting. Any complaints about the rifle? Things you don't like? Thanks again.

Bench is always different that the field, but thanks.

The trigger has a tiny e-clip that, that holds a pin, that popped off under recoil. I noticed on the bench blanket. I popped it back on and put a small piece of tape on it. No issues after that. It never effected anything as there was no place for the pin it was holding to fall out, but I taped it anyways.

The rifle comes to my shoulder easily and my face likes the cheek weld I get. The recoil is about like a 30.06 with 180s. The Little Bastard break is aftermarket. It's a hammer for any nail.

I don't believe Bergara is making the Premier Highlander anymore though.

For the price, it's hard to beat a Bergara B-14 Hunter. Comes in at 7.1 lbs and available in a range of calibers that are acceptable to you.

Others to consider are the Kimber Montana, Savage 110 Storm and Tikka T3x Lite Stainless.

Last edited:
Tikka T3 roughtech are very good in the $1000 range

I know there are varying opinions on kimber but I have had really good luck with those 1/2MOA or better.

If you can find a good deal on a used cooper they are 1/2MOA guns and around $2KAlso lots of political polarization around those.

REM 700 is always a pretty good option. Have several that are 1/2 MOA

Several have mentioned Howa - it’s the sleeper of the bunch - extremely accurate and you can get a nice used one for $500.

I was looking for something similar a little over a year ago and settled on the Sako S20 300 win mag. Mine is setup with the hunter stock and fore grip with the fluted barrel. You can also get a precision stock and fore grip with a heavy barrel or mix and match them to your liking. I don’t shoot with a muzzle brake and the recoil is very manageable even with my lighter weight setup. I owned a bergara b14 hmr before this gun and was impressed by it too but the Sako is just a bit better in every way.

I was looking for something similar a little over a year ago and settled on the Sako S20 300 win mag. Mine is setup with the hunter stock and fore grip with the fluted barrel. You can also get a precision stock and fore grip with a heavy barrel or mix and match them to your liking. I don’t shoot with a muzzle brake and the recoil is very manageable even with my lighter weight setup. I owned a bergara b14 hmr before this gun and was impressed by it too but the Sako is just a bit better in every way.
No issues with rounds feeding? I've heard some bad reports about the magazines causing problems. I saw the s20 precision for sale at $1050 the other day, which was very tempting. Thanks a lot for the input.

I got mine for 1100 and have shot at least 400 rounds through it. I have not had a single issue with it feeding anything. I’ve been shooting mainly 180 grain out of it and a few 150 grain. I’ve shot Barnes ttsx, a couple of different kinds of federal ammunition and even some cheap herters. Maybe I got lucky but I’ve been impressed with the gun.

We live at a wonderful time in terms of accurate rifles. A friend of mine swears by Christenson Arms in the Ridgeline or Mesa. Last I heard he was up to 8 that he had helped develop loads for and were sub 3/4 inch guns. He also likes the Mesa.
Savage puts out a generally accurate rifle. The Seekins has a good reputation. Personally I'd stay away from the Remington rifles. Last one I had was a Model 700 Long range. The short of it is they mucked up making the barrel. The gunsmith said it would make a great tomato stake. The advantage of the Remington is the ease of obtaining parts. New barrel on mine and sub 5/8 inch groups are the norm.
Cooper is out of business I believe, but just might be my first choice if you could find one in the proper caliber. Every company puts out some that are accurate and some that are not. Good luck.
Bruce

We live at a wonderful time in terms of accurate rifles. A friend of mine swears by Christenson Arms in the Ridgeline or Mesa. Last I heard he was up to 8 that he had helped develop loads for and were sub 3/4 inch guns. He also likes the Mesa.
Savage puts out a generally accurate rifle. The Seekins has a good reputation. Personally I'd stay away from the Remington rifles. Last one I had was a Model 700 Long range. The short of it is they mucked up making the barrel. The gunsmith said it would make a great tomato stake. The advantage of the Remington is the ease of obtaining parts. New barrel on mine and sub 5/8 inch groups are the norm.
Cooper is out of business I believe, but just might be my first choice if you could find one in the proper caliber. Every company puts out some that are accurate and some that are not. Good luck.
Bruce

You are absolutely right Bruce. I have been amazed at the accuracy I’ve gotten with the newer M70’s and No1’s. Every one I have bought has been sub moa to 300. The Rigby HS is an absolute tack driver. My custom built 6.5 PRC is the most accurate rifle I have ever seen.

If you read a lot of the work from the 60’s and 70’s, folks were constantly tweaking bedding, triggers, etc to get to moa performance. Today, if I bought an off the shelf rifle that wouldn’t shoot sub 1” out of the box at 100, I’d dump it and start again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChuWnz1204

Latest profile posts

Longfeather1 wrote on Cmwkwarrwn's profile.
Hello Clark
Thanks for the interest in my rifle. If you want to discuss it further you can email me direct at [redacted] or call my cell number [redacted].
Look forward to talking with you.
Regards,
Jack Kramer
quacker attacker wrote on JMV375's profile.
Hello, My wife and I hunted with Marius 2 years ago. He fit us into his schedule after a different outfitter "bailed" on us. He was always very good with communications and although we didn't end up meeting him personally, he called us multiple times during our hunt to make sure things were going well. We were very happy with him.
TERMINATOR wrote on Cuthberto's profile.
Reach out to the guys at Epic Outdoors.

They will steer you right for landowner tags and outfitters that have them.

I have held a membership with them for years and they are an invaluable resource.

Way better that asking random people on the internet...WAY better

Raskolnikov743 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
Skydiver386,

Did you ever find your 30-06 CZ550? I own a fairly solid conditioned one, if you wanted to talk.

[redacted]