Best Distance to Zero a 416 Rigby

50 yards. This is a dangerous game gun, so you should be that close or closer. And if you're dead on at 50, you will be near enough at 100 that you won't have to adjust at all.

If you're taking long shots with your .416, I'd think it was time to get another rifle!
This is my approach on the 416 Rigby. I sight in at 50 and check that at 100. It's close. If I had a follow-up on a wounded animal beyond that, I would hold a bit higher and send it. I had that happen with a buff in July. Follow up shots were probably 120-140 and I just held a bit higher and had no problems.

50 yards. This is a dangerous game gun, so you should be that close or closer. And if you're dead on at 50, you will be near enough at 100 that you won't have to adjust at all.

If you're taking long shots with your .416, I'd think it was time to get another rifle!

+1 to this comment. I'm taking a Ruger RSM in 416 Rigby next year to hunt Buffalo, and that is the only animal I'm planning on hunting with that rifle, and plan on sighting it in at 50 yds. I'm also planning on checking to see what it's doing at 100 yds, and call it a day.

In 2022, I took an AHR CZ-550 in 375 H&H, and I hunted everything from a Warthog up to a cow Buffalo and a Lioness. That was the only dangerous game rifle I had at the time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WildaDambr

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Ryanelson wrote on Flipper Dude's profile.
I wanted to know if you minded answering a dew questions on 45-70 in africa
Ryanelson wrote on Sturgeondrjb's profile.
I wanted to know if you minded answering a dew questions on 45-70 in africa
HerbJohnson wrote on Triathlete3's profile.
If you have an email, I would love to be able to chat with you about J.P.H. Prohunt. My email address is [redacted]. Thanks.
Another Wildebees cull shot this morning!
We are doing a cull hunt this week!