Best balls

btheis13

AH veteran
Joined
Mar 20, 2024
Messages
168
Reaction score
253
Hunting reports
Australia/NZ
1
I've heard that animal testicles are sometimes cooked and eaten on safari, like Rocky Mountain Oysters (bull calf balls) here in the states. Which animal testicles have you eaten and which taste the best?
 
Lot's of young Bull Calves. (Domestic) Smaller ones deep fried whole. Bigger ones sliced thinly and fried in butter.
 
I was going to try Gemsbok, but fortunately the landowner's dog beat me to them in the skinning shed!! lol From then on I referred to him as "The Balldog" or "Your Balldog."

LimpopoSA20070718 121.jpg
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I come from a civilized folk, and we eat neither gonads nor guts. :A Vomit:
 
I have been looking for recipes and experimenting more and more with “waste” pieces, but have yet to get that adventurous. I did try a little dish I believe was called Umchaza. Turned out to be eland colon. Pretty sure the only ones eating it were me and the pHs. Not bad
 
I come from a civilized folk, and we eat neither gonads nor guts. :A Vomit:
My mom's family are practical jokers on one of her early dates with my dad they went to this log cabin bar in the country and they had mountain oysters on special beef testicles essentially my dad ordered them said they were great my mom trying to hold back her laughter and at some point she explained what he had just eaten at which point he proceeded to go out and evacuate in the parking lot! I've been offered them countless times but just had to pass for obvious reasons.
 
In the spirit of Larry the Cable Guy "Lord I apologize feed me to the cannibalistic pygmies of Papua New Guinea," but the title sounds more like a tell-all autobiography by Bruce Jenner!
 
I've only eaten mule deer balls, for me, the texture is best described as like eating turkey gizzards.
 
In the spirit of Larry the Cable Guy "Lord I apologize feed me to the cannibalistic pygmies of Papua New Guinea," but the title sounds more like a tell-all autobiography by Bruce Jenner!
Are those the same cannibals that ate Brandon's uncle?
 
Better not be seeing any selfies on this thread.......:eek:
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,393
Messages
1,574,913
Members
170,193
Latest member
clouddesk
 

 

 

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
 
Top