Best 1 inch tube variable power scope

I received the Tract Toric 3 - 15 X 42 scope yesterday. The glass is amazingly bright and clear. It weighs 20 oz. and has a quality feel overall. It is supplied with a ‘standard’ turret system AND a capped, low profile dial up turret kit that can easily be installed by the user. I chose the T Plex reticle (like a German no. 4). It has parallax adjustment down to 5 meters, IIRC.
I will install this scope in Talley rings on a Model 70 with a 24” no.5 contour Brux barrel chambered in 308 NM and Mark Bansner will fit a CF sporter (22 oz.) stock. Should come in at a bit over 8 lbs.
I am happy with the scope and the very good service provided by Jon at Tract.

I have a rifle with 1 inch Talley rings that match the finish on the receiver. If I wanted to stick with a one inch tube, what’s the best (clearest/brightest) scope in a mid range variable?

-Swarovski Z3? Leupold VX3HD?

OR…..do I swap to 30 mm rings?
I really don't know anything about the Swarovski, but I do have a Leupold VX3 3..5-10 x40 on my .300 Win Mag. I have used it to take game in Washington, B.C. and Zimbabwe. It hasn't changed zero and is still working well.

I have a VX3i 3.5-10 on my 1885 6.5 Creedmore. It’s a nail driving combo. The glass is great and I have zero problem with repeatability with the elevation. Where I set the elevation knob is where it shoots. As a 1” tube it is superb. If it were illuminated it would be fantastic!
I have recently acquired a VX5 2-10. It’s really something special. I am loving the 30mm. I have two Vortex Strike Eagles, one in 1-6, and 1 in 1-8. They are good but the Leupolds are clearer to my eyes.
IMG_3070.jpeg

Hands down Swarovski Z5i 3.5-18x44 P BT w/4W reticle. I have three of them, one on a 8mm Rem Mag, a 8x57 Mauser and one on a 6.5Wby RPM. I couldn’t be happier with this one inch tube scope.

Swarovski Z5i is at least a $1,500.scope.
I am under the impression that mid range pricing is what you are after. (I’m assuming that means $500-1000.)
I also have a 1” Nikon 1-4x20 African on my.375 Ruger M77, which is very clear and reliable, but won’t do you any good as they are out of production. (Unless you find one used in good condition)
1728250428062.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CharlineWa

Latest profile posts

EC HUNTING SAFARIS wrote on MarcoPani's profile.
Happy Birthday, from Grahamstown, South Africa.
I hope your day is great!
Cheers
Marius
EC HUNTING SAFARIS wrote on Ilkay Taskin's profile.
Happy Birthday from Grahamstown, South Africa! I hope you have a great day!
Cheers, Marius
idjeffp wrote on Jon R15's profile.
Hi Jon,
I saw your post for the .500 NE cases. Are these all brass or are they nickel plated? Hard for me to tell... sorry.
Thanks,
Jeff [redacted]
Boise, ID
[redacted]