Beretta A300 Ultima

Tmask345

Reaction score
Getting ready to purchase an A300 Ultima 20 gauge and trying to decide between the black synthetic and camo. I don’t hunt - the only reason I’m considering the camo version is I’m paranoid of getting rust on the barrel and I’m thinking the camo coating may provide an extra layer of protection. I take good care of my guns - wipe down the barrel with G96, store in VCI sock in safe, etc., so maybe I’m worrying too much? Appreciate any input!

I'm not a camo guy. I own no camo clothing, or at least very little. Maybe a neck gaiter or something like that, but not much else.

That said, given the choice between black and camo....I'll choose camo every time and I can't explain why. It just looks better to me. The only real bonus I see is that it hides some of the dents and dings. The only other thing I can think of where camo is a bonus is around your non-hunter/shooter friends who will immediately think a black shotgun is a "tactical" weapon of mass destruction. Funny to us, but it's true.

At the end of the day, you are the one who is going to be looking at it...so make yourself happy and get what YOU really want. Either way, with proper gun care these shotguns are likely to outlast you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Franklin92