Beautiful Custom Built 460 Weatherby

This is the first 460 Wby that I have thought looked really good. Congrats to buyer and seller.

I have a good hunting friend who loves his NULA. I haven't seen one in rimfire or 416 before.
I sorely miss my 450 Dakota AHR - but glad it went to a good home and was back in Africa shortly after I sold it and it took an elephant and another buffalo.

I can't wait to get my mitts on this rifle! Friday can't come soon enough. Nothing like a road trip to pick up a new rifle.

Rifle is 29 years old and it will have more rounds through it in the next weeks than in the first 29 years!

Excellent. Going for full loads or something less?

Excellent. Going for full loads or something less?
IMHO full loads are virtually never necessary in a 460 Wby.

What this platform (or a 450 Rigby/450 Dakota) provides is great, strong brass, nice long parallel necks for great bullet seating and bullet pull control without massive crimping, and enough displacement to provide all the velocity needed while keep pressures low (not N.E. low, but low by modern bolt action standards).

I cannot imagine needing to ever load a good 500gr faster than 2,350 - 2,400, a 550 faster than 2,250 or a 600 faster than 2,100 or so.

For now, this is going to become my coyote rifle. I tried a brush shot on a moving coyote with my .222 a while back and I hit him, but he ran off like a scalded dog. I'm thinking 550gr Woodleigh at 2,150 will be just right for those fawn munchers! :unsure: :)

Dang, this is crazy....I have at least 45 die sets in my loading room and I was sure I had a set of 460 Wby...but I cannot find them.

Probably in a box somewhere, from the move to MO from TX.

Oh well, I will find them eventually and they will become the spare. Not like that has never happened before in my loading room. I know you guys can relate!

I know your pain. I have 3x of some dies. Ridiculous.

Dang, this is crazy....I have at least 45 die sets in my loading room and I was sure I had a set of 460 Wby...but I cannot find them.

Probably in a box somewhere, from the move to MO from TX.

Oh well, I will find them eventually and they will become the spare. Not like that has never happened before in my loading room. I know you guys can relate!
You are a sick man! Nobody needs to have extra reloading equipment Tim! We should really have a talk and I will show you the way to moderation my friend! Just remember buddy, you can’t have them all!

You are a sick man! Nobody needs to have extra reloading equipment Tim! We should really have a talk and I will show you the way to moderation my friend! Just remember buddy, you can’t have them all!
Cody - your sig line should read: "Captain of the Moderation Society"

Rifle is officially sold thanks again Tim!

Will be listing another soon. Dakota that just got back from Turnbull that is an absolute beauty.

Thanks for all the interest.

Rifle is officially sold thanks again Tim!

Will be listing another soon. Dakota that just got back from Turnbull that is an absolute beauty.

Thanks for all the interest.
Thanks for an easy transaction Chris.

Dies and brass are on the way to me.

Nice trigger on this rifle. Really looking forward to working up a range of loads. I have lots of 300 to 550gr bullets! Need to find some 600gr....just for those nasty brush-hugging coyotes! :)

Now I just need to stop looking at rifles!!

Turnbull, eh?

Haha good thing I didn’t bring it out or the double that will be on the chopping block before long she might have tried to shoot you with one.

Holy smokes, that is a beautiful rifle! Congrats to you both. The coyotes are definitely in trouble!

Haha good thing I didn’t bring it out or the double that will be on the chopping block before long she might have tried to shoot you with one.
I think she would have used the right barrel on you and the left barrel on me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cwbybill

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

John A Flaws wrote on Horbs's profile.
500 schuler magazine.jpg
500 schuler bore.jpg
500 and 425 rifles.jpg
500 and 425 magaizne.jpg
cwpayton wrote on Goat416's profile.
Goat416 welcome to the forum ,youve got some great pics and Im sure trophy's
ghay wrote on professor's profile.
Hello,
Would you consider selling just the Barnes 235's and 250g TTSX's?
Hunt27 wrote on Tra3's profile.
Spain, i booked through a consultant, i book almost everything through him now and he's done me right. his contact 724 986 7206 if interested and he will have more info to share,
I hunted elephant with Luke Samaris in 2005. It was my fourth safari and I tell you he is a fine gentleman the best. I got the opportunity to meet Patty Curtis, although never hunted with him but enjoyed our conversation around our tent in the Selous. Very sad for a tough guy to leave this world the way he did. Let’s pray the murderers are caught. I hope to see Luke in Nashville.