Barnes 375 270g X Bullet info, early version?

Novice Huntress

AH veteran
Reaction score
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
BASC
Hi All how you doing?

I would like to cross check some info with the "Barnes experts" here.

I recently received some 375 270g X Bullets, I think these are the version before tsx etc, so just wanted to confirm, I will be using Viht N150 to load these as per their current loading data.

Any thoughts on their reloading quirks, are they OK with tsx loading info etc.

Look forward to your views

Atvb

IMG_20240613_142838.jpg
IMG_20240613_142858.jpg

I would say great practice bullets. There was some comments on the early ones not opening up in some cases. More like a solid. As to reloading, the Barnes data in their reloading book should be fine. No quirks that I have heard of.
Bruce

With identical loads and bullet weights, the earlier versions tend to have higher pressure than an equal weight TSX/TTSX. Use the 1st or 2nd edition of the Barnes reloading manual or start at the lowest end of the current load data.

With identical loads and bullet weights, the earlier versions tend to have higher pressure than an equal weight TSX/TTSX. Use the 1st or 2nd edition of the Barnes reloading manual or start at the lowest end of the current load data.
Higher pressure makes sense with only one drive band

Hi Guys,

Thanks for your feedback on this, please keep it coming in.

ATVB
Is this for a .375 H&H or another of the .375’s?

Here is a link to V-V’s load data for the .375 H&H, which still includes the 270 grain Barnes XFB, which is what you appear to have, and includes N150, the powder you want to use. Click on grams or grains, whichever you use.

You’re welcome. :giggle:(y)

Scroll the screen down to the 270 grain info:

Last edited:
Hi,
Tex. 416 and Meigsbucks, appreciate your feedback.
Yes it's for 375 H&H, I do have the Viht App on my phone, it's a useful reload tool, not seen a early version of the Barnes manual, so that helps.

I ve loaded Peregrine's before, but they like faster powders, do take the point about less groves on the early Barnes bullet.

Not the .375, but I shot some of the original Barnes X bullets in a .30/06 and .270. I did have to use lower powder charges than with cup and core bullets. Also, they gave erratic accuracy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yuvbfsgf365

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Shaker Crew | Kids Sweatshirt
https://www.braveactiveco.com/products/knit-sweatshirt
Comfortable and premium quality Knit Sweatshirt. Our Knit Sweatshirt is crafted with our exquisite recycled fabric, ensuring a soft and lightweight feel.
John Kirk wrote on Macduff's profile.
Great transaction on some 375 HH ammo super fast shipping great communication
akriet wrote on Tom Leoni's profile.
Hello Tom: I saw your post about having 11 Iphisi's for sale. I have been thinking about one. I am also located in Virginia. Do you have photos of the availables to share? My email is [redacted]

Thanks and regards,

Andy
Natural Bridge, Virginia