Baikal double 45-70

LES7

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Breaking up a multi gun post into individual posts

Baikal (no Remington mark) 45-70 sxs double rifle in basically new condition. I haven’t shot this one yet. $2300.00 OBO

IMG_0285.jpeg
IMG_0286.jpeg
IMG_0287.jpeg
IMG_0288.jpeg
IMG_0289.jpeg
IMG_0290.jpeg
IMG_0291.jpeg
IMG_0292.jpeg
IMG_0293.jpeg
IMG_0294.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
I have handled one of these. Surprisingly lightweight. It had been opened up to 45-90 which apparently is not uncommon. Just don't exceed 45-70 pressures.

You still havent shot this thing? Don't know what you're missing! This should make a good little hunting rifle on a budget.

You still havent shot this thing? Don't know what you're missing! This should make a good little hunting rifle on a budget.
sadly no. thats why it’s back up. If it doesn’t sell, I will have to move it up in the rotation.

If I had the cash right now I'd take it.

Just curious: what is the action strength on these? I.e., are they designed for standard factory 45-70 ammo or can they handle hotter stuff like a Ruger #1 would?

Just curious: what is the action strength on these? I.e., are they designed for standard factory 45-70 ammo or can they handle hotter stuff like a Ruger #1 would?
I have seen where alot of the reports say they are built much better than older guns and that they will handle more robust 45-70 loads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
10bands

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

idjeffp wrote on Jon R15's profile.
Hi Jon,
I saw your post for the .500 NE cases. Are these all brass or are they nickel plated? Hard for me to tell... sorry.
Thanks,
Jeff [redacted]
Boise, ID
[redacted]
African Scenic Safaris is a Sustainable Tour Operator based in Moshi, Tanzania. Established in 2009 as a family business, the company is owned and operated entirely by locals who share the same passion for showing people the amazing country of Tanzania and providing a fantastic personalized service.
FDP wrote on dailordasailor's profile.
1200 for the 375 barrel and accessories?